Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2011, 01:59 PM
    Ceramic Tile
    I need to cut 1 ceramic tile 15" long.Home depot or lowes will not do it.
    I could buy a inexpensive tile cutter for $20.00. I have a lot of saws.
    7 1/4 circular saw but the blade is for wood. Have a 10" miter saw, blade only cuts wood.
    Also I a have a 4 1/2" angle grinder with a masonry wheel. I wonder what to do?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2011, 03:28 PM
    Rent a tile cutter from HD or Lowe's or buy one of the cutters that cuts like a glass cutter. I bought a 7" with a diamond blade on Craigslist for $40, used it for 3 bathrooms, a kitchen and a basement, then sold it on CL for $40.
    SpringtimeHomes Posts: 78, Reputation: 12

Nov 2, 2011, 08:07 AM
    I would give it a shot with your angle grinder. Test a scrap first if possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Remove black tile adhesive before ceramic tile [ 1 Answers ]

I'm planning on installing new ceramic tile on the slab floor in my dining room. After removing a couple of layers of carpet and disintegrated padding, the only thing left is a thin coating of black tile adhesive from a previous tile job. (I'm taking into account the possibility of the presence of...

Can I tile over existing ceramic tile? [ 1 Answers ]

I have two rather small bathrooms which have mud set 1x1 porcelin tile floors. The house was built in 1972 and these are original floors, in excellent condition. There are no loose tiles or any cracks. I used a 4 ft level to check the level in several directions and the worst case is 1//8 inch...

Ceramic tile over self adhesive vinyl tile work? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a small bathroom with self-adhesive vinyl tile on the floor. Can I put ceramic tile over this vinyl tile?

Ceramic tile on plywood [ 3 Answers ]

I am attempting to renovate my bathroom starting with the floor. The old flooring,(Tile), Was removed exposing paper backing, and the dried glue adhesive,(Which have been removed,& the plywood flooring sanded. I would like to re-tile the floor but am uncertain If I must install backerboard over...

Ceramic tile baseboards [ 1 Answers ]

How does one get rid of these to replace with wood without tearing off the plaster behind?

View more questions Search