Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    qouzou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2010, 06:26 AM
    My friend is always looking at my girlfriend and try to touch her
    I don't tell him anything because I don't want to have a fight with him and my girlfriend find him handsome and for time to time I see her looking at him. We have been together for 3 years and a half and she loves me as much as I love her... so *** any help
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 23, 2010, 06:42 AM

Are you making a big deal out of this? After all they have probably gotten to be friends over the time you have been together. You really need to elaborate a bit more.
    crazy_kendall3 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Sep 7, 2010, 04:25 PM
    Honey.. listen. Your girl probably got to know him over the time and became close friends with him. It's perfectly natural. If she starts kissing him on the cheek, and stuff like that.. then she is into him. But as far as I can see, she loves YOU. And her and that guy are friends. :)
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2010, 06:13 AM

Unless there's something really obvious going on (kiss, etc.), you really shouldn't be concerned.

She's your girlfriend - she chose you, so try to put a lid on the jealousy and doubt.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Sep 8, 2010, 06:42 AM
    If he is always looking at her, in a 'come hither' kind of way, and she returns the 'I'm interested' look back to him, then yes, that is a problem. If it is obvious enough for you to notice, and the 'looks' make you uncomforable, you not saying anything is contributing to the behaviour. If it's okay with you say nothing, who knows where it will lead.

By your friend trying to touch her, what do you mean. Grope her breasts, touch her derrierre, too many long hugs, too frequently sitting too close for comfort? If that too, is as obvious to you as the 'looking' is, again, you are leaving them wide open to continue.

If the looking and the touching are just them, and neither of them are particularly touchy feely people with others, then yes, I can see why you would be concerned.

The only part of this I don't understand, is your reluctance to tell your girlfriend, that her behaviour makes you uncomfortable. Fighting your male friend is a bit cave-manish, in that you are fighting for your possession, and her honour. Very yesterday thinking.

Remember she is returning, from what I gather, come on's, that generate from him, as you have implied. There is no rule, in love or war, that stops this human process. What is unchecked, is her being so comfortable with it.

The relationship will never survive if you are afraid to speak, and express yourself, about anything and everything. Communication comes in many forms, and if you don't have that, you have nothing. Your male friend communicates very well non-verbally, which is a lot more than I can say for you at the moment.

Tell her, flat out, calmly, and honestly, that you'd like their flirting to stop. It is inappropriate while she is in a relationship with you, it makes you uncomfortable, and although they haven't jumped each other on the picnic table, if it continues, they just might.

Nip it in the bud. Speak up!
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2010, 06:56 AM

Have you heard the song " Jesse's Girl"?

Fix your friend up with someone, or have your girl fix him up.

Or tell him that you're getting concerned.

I had a girlfriend like that once. ALL of my friends wanted her. But she chose ME, and I trusted HER. Not my friends.

Good luck. Listen to that song.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex girlfriend best friend [ 4 Answers ]

OK I was in a relationship for a year and 6 months. We broke up and now that we are not together we were talking and it felt like we would get back together so I had a fight with her best friend because she didn't know how to mind her business and now my ex girlfriend doesn't want to talk to me...

Girlfriend says its her or my best friend? [ 7 Answers ]

I am 25 and have been dating this girl off and on for about a year now. When things are good things are really good between us. But we have some issues, she really needs attention and I live out of town and travel for work so that puts stress on the relationship. She doesnot like my best friend...

Friend into girlfriend [ 1 Answers ]

OK so this is the story: I have known this girl for a while now and at one point she was obsessed with me but I never made a move and she went on to liking someone else. They just broke up the other day, and while they were dating I noticed that I started to grow feelings for her. Then she tells me...

Friend or girlfriend?help! [ 3 Answers ]

Well here the situation there's this girl, there always a girl but anyway I've known her for years, three at leats, and we get along very well. We always pick each other for projects, every time I talk to her I'm not nervous yet with some other girls I do, she is amazing, as a frined but now since...

View more questions Search