Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    howard36 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2010, 11:33 AM
    Probem with Honeywell Synchron motorized valve
    I have a gas fired boiler that uses seven Honeywell Synchron valves for zoned heating. All the valves are model V8043E1012. One of the valves seems to be stuck in the on position regardless of the thermostat setting. Also, I noticed the slide switch (auto or manual) on the valve in question has little resistance when compared to the other six good valves. Any ideas what is going on? Can I repair the valve without removing the entire component?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 2, 2010, 11:54 AM
    Yes you can repair the valve by just replacing the guts of the unit (operator motor and Ball assembly. The valve might be stuck open OR power is still being applied. Check for 24 volts going to the valve before condeming.
    howard36 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 09:23 AM

Thanks for your suggestion. Before I was going to try to rebuild the motorized valve, I thought I would try to flush the valve by bleeding about a half gallon of water. To my surprise, the lever (auto - manual) snapped back in place and acted like the working ones. The heat for the zoned area is working correctly again. I am not sure what happened to get the valve to work, but I am not complaining. Any ideas what happened?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 09:50 AM
    It was stuck I guess. There is also a catch lip at the lever to lock the valve open so the lever might have been in that position.
    johnair77 Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 08:03 PM

Recommend new mtr. Ball vlv. Assy. if it happened once it will happen again..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Synchron zone valve replacement parts [ 7 Answers ]

I have had two heat/air conditioning guys out to check my unit and they both said that my zone damper needs to be replaced. Apparently I have two for dual control. I have one with a part # that reads 645 24V 60HZ 6W 60 RPH 37944L-6 9218 The name synchron is on the part. It would be great if...

Honeywell zone valve [ 1 Answers ]

The valve does not open when I call for heat. The manual lever is stuck in one position and I am unable to move it in any direction. I have an older style valve which I suspect I have to replace. Will the new motorized valve mount to the old body or do I have to replace the body as well?

Where to find the model number on my Honeywell Synchron zone valve [ 5 Answers ]

Where to find the model number on my Honeywell Synchron zone valve. I think the Powerhead and/or motor has gone bad. I had no heat in my master BR this morning and after verifying the Thermastat was kicking in I went down and tried to check the valves. This is just 1 zone out of 5 (3 other...

Honeywell V4043H valve [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I think I have a problem with the power head on a honeywell v4043h valve, anybody know how I get the head off to check it? On my old system there was a button to push on the side but I can't find anything like that here.

Looking for Honeywell gas valve [ 3 Answers ]

Looking for a Honeywell furnace gas valve part #vr8204m1075 or an exact fit replacement for older Heil furnace. Not worth spending what Heil wants for it. Thanks!

View more questions Search