Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unhappy 1 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 06:46 AM
    How can I change my personality
    I have problems at school and out of school, My friends don't like my personality, I try to change but I cant, I find it difficult, My friends tell me to change or I will loose them. I don't know what to do! :(
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 06:48 AM

What kind of friends are these? Your personality is what makes you, well you. Don't change for anyone, just find people that you get along with better.
    mona93 Posts: 61, Reputation: 0

Jun 27, 2009, 06:39 PM

What did you do to them to end here... if it's nothing serious... I don't think the're even friends if they said that to you
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2009, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mona93 View Post
    what did you do to them to end here....if it's nothing serious...i don't think the're even friends if they said that to you
    I agree. There must be some characteristics that drive people away.

Everyone could use some self improvement.

Besides, if you want to change it takes work.

Sarah
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jun 27, 2009, 07:34 PM

What are some of the specific things that they have an issue with Unhappy? I feel that if they have addressed you in this manner "change or i will loose them" they may have told you why.

Can you please give us some insight that may help us understand a bit more?

Thanks,

Stringer
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 08:22 PM

Yeah what are some examples and what are some adjectives that best describe your personality they don't like?

Like obnoxious, overbearing, clingy,.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 11:14 PM

Hi, unhappy 1!

I agree with the others that it would be helpful if you would provide specifics as to what others don't like about your personality.

Thanks!

Jun 28, 2009, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    What are some of the specific things that they have an issue with Unhappy? I feel that if they have addressed you in this manner "change or i will loose them" they may have told you why.

Can you please give us some insight that may help us understand a bit more?

Thanks,

Stringer
    I have had a lot of problems in the past, I never used to have this personality I have got now, I used to be nice and happy and always hard working, I used to be good at school and get nice comments from friends and the teachers, but when people started being horrible to me and bullying me I went to the school and they didn't do much too help me, they always said just ignore it, my parents came into the school so many times dealing with the problems I have had, nothing worked, so I decided to stand up for myself and change my personality, I am now the opposite to what I was before, I get into trouble at school, my grades have fallen, I get my friends into trouble sometimes, I get violent towards people, but that was only because I wanted to harden up abit so people would back off from me, and now the situation has gotten worst, my friends want me to change back to the way I was, but I'm afraid that if I do that then I will get more grief then I had before, I try to change but its so difficult, I've been like this for 3 yrs now.

Jun 28, 2009, 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    yeah what are some examples and what are some adjectives that best describe your personality they don't like?

Like obnoxious, overbearing, clingy,.......?
    My personality isn't really a nice side, I get into trouble a lot, Im aggressive at times, also Im violent, Im only nice when I want to be, My personality is all connected with that, My personality isn't very nice.

Jun 28, 2009, 09:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, unhappy 1!

I agree with the others that it would be helpful if you would provide specifics as to what others don't like about your personality.

Thanks!
    My personality isn't very nice, Im aggressive, Violent , Nice when I want to be , I get into trouble a lot , Im always unhappy , and I always look on the negative side , instead of the positive.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2009, 09:26 AM

I usually tell people to not use their past as an excuse for their behavior but in your case I think that telling people What do you expect when the way I am is the way I have been treated all my life.
    But you need to learn to not take it out on your friends.
    Maybe take your best closest friends and have individual talks with them about your hurts in life. Sometimes opening up to others does wonders.

Jun 28, 2009, 09:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mona93 View Post
    what did you do to them to end here....if it's nothing serious...i don't think the're even friends if they said that to you
    That's what I thought, It's really hard to find out who your true friends are, My friends knew the situation I had, Before I had This personality, I only changed so I could defend Myself To the people who started on me, I never had this personality, I used To be nice and kind, and happy etc!! But now Im the opposite to all that.

Jun 28, 2009, 09:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I usually tell people to not use their past as an excuse for their behavior but in your case I think that telling people What do you expect when the way I am is the way I have been treated all my life.
    But you need to learn to not take it out on your friends.
    Maybe take your best closest friends and have individual talks with them about your hurts in life. Sometimes opening up to others does wonders.
    I will try that, thank you for understanding and helping me out,
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Jun 28, 2009, 10:58 AM

Is this a serious question? Please don't change who you are so you can keep friends that won't accept you for you. Instead of changing because you might lose them, leave them because of their manipulative and rude personalities. Unless you did something wrong that made them say you had to change (you might be leaving some stuff out) then tell them that who you are is who you'll always be and if you do change it's for yourself, not for them.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2009, 05:47 PM
    Originally Posted by Clough
    Hi, unhappy 1!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by unhappy 1 View Post
    My personality isn't very nice, Im aggressive, Violent , Nice when I want to be , I get into trouble a lot , Im always unhappy , and I always look on the negative side , instead of the positive.
    Hi again, unhappy 1!

Who's in control of how you think and act?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to change my personality [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so here's the thing, I am a really outgoing person. That is until I get around new people. Around people that I Don't know or feel comfortable with I get really shy and quiet. I will talk to people if they talk to me but I won't start any conversations. I am slightly overweight and I feel...

Character and personality [ 3 Answers ]

What is the difference between character and personality? Character - the distinguishing attributes of a person. http://www.wordsmyth.net/live/home.php Personality - collective characteristic qualities of a person. http://www.wordsmyth.net/live/home.php

Did she have a personality disorder? [ 24 Answers ]

I am trying to work out whether my ex has a personality disorder or whether we were just emotionally incompatible? I have had relationships - several. Most of them good. 3 years ago I met a girl who was down on her luck and very jealous and posessive and demanding on what she wanted - ALL OF MY...

View more questions Search