Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigdee Posts: 132, Reputation: 20

Sep 12, 2008, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19
    NO! If you are asking this question are aren't over your ex yet. I would highly advise against it unless you are completely over her
    You're right, there are still some feelings there. I've mostly moved on and of the mindset that it's good that it's done. But there is a feeling of... actually I don't know. But honestly I don't think too much of her anymore. Does that count as completely over her?
    h0llister Posts: 335, Reputation: 15

Sep 12, 2008, 03:13 PM
    Do it only if you know it won't make things worse, maybe even say in it I know we are doing NC but I just had to say happy birthday I don't want to make you mad I just believe no matter what sitution I still would like to wish you a good birthday.. something like that. But only you are able to judge if it's a good time to do it
    BrewCrew0981 Posts: 128, Reputation: 21

Sep 12, 2008, 07:18 PM
    No, don't say ANYTHING. What's the point? You two aren't in each others lives anymore. I don't wish my ex from 15 years ago happy birthday.

Sep 12, 2008, 11:57 PM
    I guess 'cause when we broke up we both said we want to still be on friendly terms. And later on we talked about "leaving the door open" for each other maybe down the road though my gut feeling is that we will remain separate.
    BrewCrew0981 Posts: 128, Reputation: 21

Sep 13, 2008, 06:27 AM
    Something you should make your reality ASAP, you are no longer are together, and there is a 97% chance it will stay that way FOREVER.

You both left your doors open for different reasons. You left it open to give yourself false hope that someday, just maybe, she will come back to you. That is the same reason you want to wish her Happy Birthday. You want her to know you still care, and that the door is still open.

She left it open as an out. If/when she finds someone else, and it doesn't work out, or she is lonely some night, she knows your door is open and she can just walk right on in.

You guys broke up for a reason. You need to accept that it's over and move on. Does that mean you have to be aholes to each other? No. If you see her, say a friendly "Hi" with a smile and keep walking.

You can't spend the next month or two or six, leaving your door open, email her bday/how are you notes, hoping she will come back. Life is going to pass you by, and possibly "the one" will walk right in and out of your life at the same time. Accept that it's over forever, and move on. You'll regret every single day you spent not moving on. Trust me, I did it.

There is ZERO reason for you to send her a Birthday note. It's a feeble attempt to try to get her to notice you and try to get her back, whether you want to admit it to yourself or not.

This is a hard pill of reality to swallow, I know. But, the sooner you accept the reality, the sooner your heart can heal.

Jun 11, 2009, 08:11 PM
    I'm a little curious about my ex.
    Hello all! It's been awhile since I've visited the site... this is actually good news for me because this indicated that I've mostly moved on with my ex. I think about her occasionally but it hardly brings out the emotions that it used to. As far as I'm concerned, I've moved on. I've started dating again so I feel pretty good overall.

So I was cleaning up my Facebook account the other day and because my ex had long ago posted some stuff on my page, I saw her name and noticed that her last name changed (for the non-facebook users, the name is dynamic... it will update to the current name even if the post itself is old). Anyway in short I see that the last name she uses in Facebook has changed. So I'm wondering if she got married. I'm curious and I feel like sending her a quick e-mail to confirm and if it is true to congratulate her. I suppose this is a bad idea. I don't know if my curiosity means I have some feelings for her that I shouldn't? I think it is just genuine curiosity but I haven't had any contact at all with her in over 9 months.

Bad idea to contact her?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jun 11, 2009, 08:18 PM

It highly depends on your remaining feelings for her. If you're completely over her, then I don't see anything wrong. It's just like catching up with an old friend.

We can only hope that your feelings for her won't resurface and all your progress would go down the drain. That's the concern.

Jun 11, 2009, 09:37 PM
    Update: What helped me move on with my life.
    Hello all,
    It's been over a year since I got dumped by my ex-gf. I wanted to give an update on the forum that helped me get through those difficult first months. First off I'd like to say Thank You! All the responses really helped.

Second, I wanted to share the biggest thing that helped me move on. And it is no secret... one of the most commonly given advice here. But I think it is important to reiterate it because looking at some posts today I still see the same questions over and over about it. Basically the biggest thing was NC. After the breakup, I still had some intermittent contact with my ex. For a variety of reasons. Some legit, some just to "hang on". Finally I listened to all the advice and stuck with NC. It was only then that I finally began to move on. I can't express strongly how important NC was. I beat myself for 3 months by breaking NC and finally once I stuck with it, the healing began. I can honestly say that I've moved on. I have no hope or desire to get back together. Other than a little curiosity on what she's up to, she's basically out of my thoughts and even when she pops back in there, I smile more at the memories than get all emotional. I've pretty much closed that book and put it on the shelf with the others.

Really folks.. NC is it. If you are serious, got stick to NC.

Thanks
    Bd
    ajGambino Posts: 317, Reputation: 97

Jun 11, 2009, 09:54 PM

Oh boy, am I trying harder then ever.

Heal me!

BTW: Congrats, I hope to achieve what you have one day.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 11, 2009, 09:56 PM

I love it when things work out. Best to you, and your future.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2009, 09:57 PM

Good post Bigdee.
    ajGambino Posts: 317, Reputation: 97

Jun 11, 2009, 09:57 PM

If you are unsure about it, back away my friend.

Anytime you're unsure, never do it man.

Jun 11, 2009, 09:59 PM

Yeah I doubt I'll follow up. It was just a little weird to see that change in her name.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 11, 2009, 10:15 PM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...fe-364028.html

Curious or not, you've come to far to go back now.
    FakeShades Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2009, 02:07 AM
    support for nc!!! Wooooo!!!
    TJ17 Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

Jun 12, 2009, 02:28 AM

Bad idea to contact her?. Umm, YEP!

Straight to the point, that's me. ;)
    Tabraiz Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2009, 04:16 AM
    What's a NC?
    Tabraiz Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2009, 04:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabraiz View Post
    What's a NC?
    Got it... thanks..
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 05:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdee View Post
    I have no hope or desire to get back together.
    Ain't that the best?
    snow124 Posts: 116, Reputation: 28

Jun 12, 2009, 05:39 AM
    Just check her profile?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend of two years broke up with me for no reason and I really want her back [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys so my girlfriend she's the love of my life and I'm crazy about her, but since we been togather in these last two years she has left me 4 times and I have never left her I can never stay mad at her. The first 3 times she left and came back were understandable reasons I guess I forgave her...

Baby mama hates girlfriend no reason! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! My boyfriend and I live in Virginia we are 20 and 21. He has a 3 year old daughter from a fling he had briefly before we started dating. We went on our first date before she even knew she was pregnant. After having a crush on my boyfriend for years before I even came in the picture, there...

My girlfriend ended our relationship because of my children [ 76 Answers ]

We've been dating for 2 years and everything has been going great... we really had no arguments, we've constantly said that we were the best thing that ever happened to each other. I have 3 children, 9 year old girl, 7 year old girl and 6 year old boy. I have joint shared custody and they live...

Girlfriend left no reason why, and baby is due in November. What can I do? [ 2 Answers ]

Was with this girl for some time and we really started to get serious. Talking about marriage and life further down the road. Me always persistent on no sex before marriage, decided to let loose a little. We were getting married in the fall any way? We had talked about kids for some time both...

View more questions Search