Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CrayonTiger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2009, 07:40 PM
    After active desktop restore background won't properly display
    I am running windows XP

I had to do an "Active Desktop Restore" but I kept getting a "Script Error" message which had "Yes" & "No" options which both did nothing.

I bypassed it by changing the background image (Right click on desktop, open properties, browse for a new image etc) but now I see an image in a third of the desktop & the rest of it is white - no matter what I do, how many new backgrounds etc. Also the icons look all clunky & instead of blending with the small bit of image that is showing the background color is all pixelated around them

I have run two different malware programs - both of which found & eliminated threats

I even did the "run regedit & change the value to zero" thing - nothing.

What can I do?
    Andrew Carstens Posts: 69, Reputation: 2

May 13, 2009, 07:16 PM

Downlad "super anty spyware" and the run the scans just to be sure, I bet you find something, then I you still have the same problem try and install service pack 3

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restore active desktop [ 9 Answers ]

I clash with problem 'restore my active desktop' Can any body help me How can I get rid of this problem without deletion of my profile

How do I restore my trashbin on my desktop [ 1 Answers ]

How do I restore my trashbin on my desktop

Active desktop recovery [ 12 Answers ]

Hi I have a problem with my laptop... while using my computer a message suddenly appeared on my screen called active desktop recovery. It gives me different options do get to the solution but none of these helps my problem. When I do it as it say I get a message called do you want to continue the...

Error in script (active desktop) [ 1 Answers ]

Error Message An error has occurred in the script on this page Line: 65 Char: 1 Error: Object doesn’t support this action Code: 0

Epsxe suddenly minimize and no display after restore [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. When I want to play ps game on epsxe, after sometime it will suddenly minimize itself. When I restore it there is no display on my epsxe except sound only.:( Can anyone help me?:confused:

View more questions Search