Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prisgirl101 Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 05:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chandani View Post
    Thanks grl I'm going to check her out ..I kno glycolic and retina wrks really well wit hq so as long its real hq and higher than 4% it shud wrk..do u only contact her online and over the phone or do u go to see her and if so is she located in nyc? Soo it did wrk on ur face? Have u ever tried it nywhere othr than ur face?? Right now I want this so bad..that if it wrks I'm willing to spend money if needed..BUT ONLY IF IT WORKS
    Thanks for the help :)

IF ANYONE EVER TELLS ANY OF YOU THAT GOD IS NOT REAL--DON'T EVER BELIEVE IT!! So I'm sitting in class today right (I'm a weekend student @ Cooley)--mind you I didn't even sleep last night because I was so worried because I was really counting on .net and when I read some of your posts--I'm thinking like my dreams of lightening are over unless I win the lottery--and since I don't play the lottery, that would be virtually impossible. Okay guys so I sitting there--and all of a sudden GOD speaks to me and tell me to take 1/4 cup of the mixture of HQ that I had already prepared (as I stated in my previous post I ordered HQ powder, but no matter what I did--it just wouldn't dissolve) which is like a 46-50% concentration (if you don't remember how to do % concentration from chemistry in high school--ancient history, lol-- just Google it--but generally you would just divide the amt of ounces of HQ by the total amt of ounces of the total solution/cream), and 1/4 cup of water and boil on high for 1-2 min. In addition, before applying the cream--I showered and exfoliated with St. Ives scrub (the blemish free one with sycilic acid 2%--get it from wal-mart or any local grocery store) I let that say on my body for like 40 minutes. but starting tm I will only do it for 20 min.
    OH MY GOD!! You, MY FACE LIGHTEN W/IN A FEW MIN. OF ME APPLYING IT! My entire body is so smooth. My face is use to HQ, so it must have immediately recognized it or something. I am so happy--I couldn't stop telling my GOD Thanks!

Okay girls, whether you want a 20%, 30%, 40%, 60%, etc. YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO DO IT YOURSELVES!!
    Ladies get your butts online ASAP and order some 100% HQ powder--from any online photography store--just be sure that it don't say photo grade HQ!!

You may be able to go to a local photography store in your own location and pick some up.

Make sure you dissolve the powder in ETHYL ALCOHOL--google the solubility for HQ ladies. After that add plenty of water--this will help it to disolve along which store bought lotion of any kind.

All right Girls, don't forget to figure out percent concentration. YOU HAVE TO USE A lot ALOT--I MEAN A lot OF ETHYL ALCOHOL. DON'T worry about measuring percent consentration at this point--most of the alcohol will evaporate--and this is true for water too if you plan to dissolve the HQ in water. However, water cannot dissolve as much of the HQ, but be sure to add water to the HQ (dissolved in ethyl) and your choice of store bought lotion.

I am going to order some glycolic acid to add to my cream. And if you guys can get retinol and retin-a (the best) then go for it.

You need to get a cell regeneration agent (i.e. glycolic acid or retinol and retin-a) because like Chandani said--it works well with HQ, because you see results quicker. Are you can wait for body to go through the process of mitosis (cell-turn over) but I hope you have 28 days to wait--as your body will undergo mitosis every 28 days!!

All right GIRLS, LET'S GET LIGHTER, YEAHHHHHHHHH!!

P.S. Chandani, girl do not spend your money on 30grams of HQ--it work, but so will your own compound for way less. And I don't know how fast it work on the rest of the body because I only used it on my face.
    spotted Posts: 59, Reputation: 0

Mar 29, 2009, 05:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by prisgirl101 View Post
    IF ANYONE EVER TELLS ANY OF YOU THAT GOD IS NOT REAL--DON'T EVER BELIEVE IT!!!! So I'm sitting in class today right (I'm a weekend student @ Cooley)--mind you I didn't even sleep last night because I was so worried b/c I was really counting on .net and when I read some of your posts--I'm thinking like my dreams of lightening are over unless I win the lottery--and since I don't play the lottery, that would be virtually impossible. Okay guys so I sitting there--and all of a sudden GOD speaks to me and tell me to take 1/4 cup of the mixture of HQ that I had already prepared (as I stated in my previous post I ordered HQ powder, but no matter what I did--it just wouldn't dissolve) which is like a 46-50% concentration (if you don't remember how to do % concentration from chemistry in high school--ancient history, lol-- just google it--but generally you would just divide the amt of ounces of HQ by the total amt of ounces of the total solution/cream), and 1/4 cup of water and boil on high for 1-2 min. In addition, before applying the cream--I showered and exfoliated with St. Ives scrub (the blemish free one with sycilic acid 2%--get it from wal-mart or any local grocery store) I let that say on my body for like 40 mins., but starting tm I will only do it for 20 min.
    OH MY GOD!!! YALL, MY FACE LIGHTEN W/IN A FEW MIN. OF ME APPLYING IT! My entire body is so smooth. My face is use to HQ, so it must have immediately recognized it or something. I am so happy--I couldn't stop telling my GOD Thanks!

Okay girls, whether you want a 20%, 30%, 40%, 60%, etc. YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO DO IT YOURSELVES!!!!!!
    Ladies get your butts online ASAP and order some 100% HQ powder--from any online photography store--just be sure that it don't say photo grade HQ!!!!

You may be able to go to a local photography store in your own location and pick some up.

Make sure you dissolve the powder in ETHYL ALCOHOL--google the solubility for HQ ladies. After that add plenty of water--this will help it to disolve along which store bought lotion of any kind.

Alright Girls, don't forget to figure out percent concentration. YOU HAVE TO USE ALOT ALOT--I MEAN ALOT OF ETHYL ALCOHOL. DON'T worry about measuring percent consentration at this point--most of the alchol will evaporate--and this is true for water too if you plan to dissolve the HQ in water. However, water cannot dissolve as much of the HQ, but be sure to add water to the HQ (dissolved in ethyl) and your choice of store bought lotion.

I am going to order some glycolic acid to add to my cream. And if you guys can get retinol and retin-a (the best) then go for it.

You need to get a cell regeneration agent (i.e. glycolic acid or retinol and retin-a) b/c like Chandani said--it works well with HQ, b/c you see results quicker. Are you can wait for body to go through the process of mitosis (cell-turn over) but I hope you have 28 days to wait--as your body will undergo mitosis every 28 days!!!

ALRIGHT GIRLS, LET'S GET LIGHTER, YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Chandani, girl do not spend your money on 30grams of HQ--it work, but so will your own compound for way less. And I don't know how fast it work on the rest of the body b/c I only used it on my face.
    OH MY GOD GIRRRLLL. CONGRATS!! I am so HAPPY for you... thanks a lot for sharing that with us I am definitely going to give it a try!
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2009, 06:03 PM

Wow spotted I definitely give you an A+ for research, I may try it myself
    chandani Posts: 98, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 06:15 PM
    Hey that's great where did you buy your hq?

IF ANYONE EVER TELLS ANY OF YOU THAT GOD IS NOT REAL--DON'T EVER BELIEVE IT!!!! So I'm sitting in class today right (I'm a weekend student @ Cooley)--mind you I didn't even sleep last night because I was so worried b/c I was really counting on .net and when I read some of your posts--I'm thinking like my dreams of lightening are over unless I win the lottery--and since I don't play the lottery, that would be virtually impossible. Okay guys so I sitting there--and all of a sudden GOD speaks to me and tell me to take 1/4 cup of the mixture of HQ that I had already prepared (as I stated in my previous post I ordered HQ powder, but no matter what I did--it just wouldn't dissolve) which is like a 46-50% concentration (if you don't remember how to do % concentration from chemistry in high school--ancient history, lol-- just google it--but generally you would just divide the amt of ounces of HQ by the total amt of ounces of the total solution/cream), and 1/4 cup of water and boil on high for 1-2 min. In addition, before applying the cream--I showered and exfoliated with St. Ives scrub (the blemish free one with sycilic acid 2%--get it from wal-mart or any local grocery store) I let that say on my body for like 40 mins., but starting tm I will only do it for 20 min.
    OH MY GOD!!! YALL, MY FACE LIGHTEN W/IN A FEW MIN. OF ME APPLYING IT! My entire body is so smooth. My face is use to HQ, so it must have immediately recognized it or something. I am so happy--I couldn't stop telling my GOD Thanks!

Okay girls, whether you want a 20%, 30%, 40%, 60%, etc. YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO DO IT YOURSELVES!!!!!!
    Ladies get your butts online ASAP and order some 100% HQ powder--from any online photography store--just be sure that it don't say photo grade HQ!!!!

Alright Girls, don't forget to figure out percent concentration. YOU HAVE TO USE ALOT ALOT--I MEAN ALOT OF ETHYL ALCOHOL. DON'T worry about measuring percent consentration at this point--most of the alchol will evaporate--and this is true for water too if you plan to dissolve the HQ in water. However, water cannot dissolve as much of the HQ, but be sure to add water to the HQ (dissolved in ethyl) and your choice of store bought lotion.

You need to get a cell regeneration agent (i.e. glycolic acid or retinol and retin-a) b/c like Chandani said--it works well with HQ, b/c you see results quicker. Are you can wait for body to go through the process of mitosis (cell-turn over) but I hope you have 28 days to wait--as your body will undergo mitosis every 28 days!!!

ALRIGHT GIRLS, LET'S GET LIGHTER, YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Chandani, girl do not spend your money on 30grams of HQ--it work, but so will your own compound for way less. And I don't know how fast it work on the rest of the body b/c I only used it on my face.

Mar 29, 2009, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spotted View Post
    OH MY GOD GIRRRLLL. CONGRATS!!! I am so HAPPY for you....thanks a lot for sharing that with us I am definitely going to give it a try!

You are so welcome--But thank you for creating the tread and to Chandani, and all the others for being candid.

Just remember to disolve the HQ powder 1st. If you don't it will be very hard to dissolve it in the cream mixture. You should not have to reheat it--but I had to because I didn't dissolve it first before mixing it with the cream.

Pure HQ is in the form of crystals. Once completely dissolved in ethyl--the HQ should appear as a powder like substance--in big pieces. You must smash it and then add it to some lotion--and then add water as you see fit (the water is there to help the cream glide over skin for easy application). Don't forget about a cell renewal agent--I'm looking for one on eBay right now. GoW has one, but I want to check all my options to get the best deal.

If you find that your skin gets irritated--do some research on topical steroids.

In fact, before you start to even make the cream do some research on Kilgman's HQ formula--one of the most original HQ formulas. Proceed when you feel comfortable. Remember, it's trial and error--but you will learn so much through researching and preparing your own formula--and you don't have to question it's authencity!!

Also do a general research for HQ (you need to know it's boiling point, etc.)

Mar 29, 2009, 06:20 PM

Hold on, they emailed me an invoice--I know it's in New York--lucky for you, you can go to the place

Mar 29, 2009, 06:30 PM
    420 Ninth Avenue, New York, NY 10001
    B&H Photo Video | Digital Cameras, Camcorders
    800-952-1815
    212-444-6708

You guys who are not in the U.S. be sure to see if your country allow shipments of HQ to come in. If not--you might be SOL, because they have a big orange sticker on the package that saids "HYDROQUINONE"--I think it's federal law that they give notice to avoid negligence to carriers and to the receipient of the package.

But you should try to get it locally first--at least within your country.

Mar 29, 2009, 06:49 PM
    I googled it and only found it in like photographic supply websites, I found that a little strange.. how is hydroquinone used for photography?
    420 Ninth Avenue, New York, NY 10001
    B&H Photo Video | Digital Cameras, Camcorders
    800-952-1815
    212-444-6708

You guys who are not in the U.S., be sure to see if your country allow shipments of HQ to come in. If not--you might be SOL, b/c they have a big orange sticker on the package that saids "HYDROQUINONE"--I think it's federal law that they give notice to avoid negligence to carriers and to the receipient of the package.

But you should try to get it locally first--at least within your country.

Mar 29, 2009, 06:51 PM

They aren't shipping right now.. but I can go pick it up.. thank god its in nyc

OK girl so here's the deal.. u give it another week or two and tell me your results and ill do as u say lol

Mar 29, 2009, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chandani View Post
    they arent shipping right now..but I can go pick it up..thank god its in nyc

ok girl so heres the deal..u give it another week or two and tell me your results and ill do as u say lol
    When you purchase your HQ (doesn't matter the source) it should have 6 carbons, 6hydrogens, and 2 oxygens. The molecular formula should read C6H6O2 OR C6H4(OH)2

Mar 29, 2009, 07:04 PM

Okay--just make sure that the HQ is not mixed with metol--b/c than it would be considered photograde HQ.

For photography purposes, HQ in conjunction with the compound Metol, reduces silver halides to elemental silver

Mar 29, 2009, 07:10 PM

Hey prisgirl101, please check your pm

Mar 29, 2009, 07:56 PM

Hey Spotted, I checked it and I sent you one too.
    mepk5 Posts: 371, Reputation: 6

Mar 29, 2009, 11:48 PM

Oh my...
    The HQ seemed like a lot of alcohol... now I know why...
    The pharmacist mix was a thick cream.
    Prisi girl where was u when I was trying to mix my mono? LOL

Mar 29, 2009, 11:56 PM

You are brave!!
    Prisygirl
    I didn't trust mono on my face or BA. The mono spots started to move to my face but I believe the 8% made the one spot blend in.

You are BRAVE... Im glad this worked. But everything takes time. I know that the mono had to go deep down in my skin before I saw the first spots. The stuff is in my skin now & its popping up everywhere. I know the HQ may take time also.
    U saw results on your face immediately??

Mar 30, 2009, 11:24 AM

Hey mepK5... whar up girrlll!!
    How's your lightening coming? I am waiting to see how's it working for you! Do you see any lightneing?? Please let me know! I am about to go with the 100% powder and do my own mix
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Mar 30, 2009, 12:39 PM
    Hellllo Mepk5, Monomission, Lighterrr,XoXolove, Katvon... thanks for the input..
    Sorry I was away from the computer concentrating in some school work.

XoXo, I have tried the fresh up cream and it didn't do much beside making my light parts of my lips more pinkish and didn't help in lightning the dark lines :(

Lighterrr, I am glad to hear that you had success using high dose of Hq. I am still thinking about it and I don't wanna go into troubles that would cost me time and money to recover...but we all know beauty hurts!
    I tried the fresh up too. It was only a sample though and it didn't work for me either. Did you try using lemons? I'm using it now and it's working very slowly. A lot of nipple lightening creams also work on the lips. Maybe you can try that. I might try it too.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2009, 12:55 PM

Nipple lightening OMG been looking for some of those creams, plese tell me where I can buy it

Mar 30, 2009, 04:50 PM

Nipple lighting?? U crazy girl!! Lol
    Everybody nipple get darker when they get pregnant or have a baby...
    Don't do it
    That r sure fire why to get poisioned from the mercury or whatever is in HQ.

Men don't care what color nipples u have they just have fun w them...

Mar 30, 2009, 04:57 PM
    hey mepK5...whar up girrlll!!!
    how's your lightening coming? I am waiting to see how's it working for you! do you see any lightneing ??? please lemme know! I am about to go with the 100% powder and do my own mix
    I haven't seen anything at 2 weeks no peeling. Nothing yet.
    I want to try it stronger but its an expensive test
    U know chemcials. I think you should go for it. Mix your own. Prisly girl got everbody excited about her mix. Did you find what's in the mixture the dr gave you to make your spots go away? Mix that. Then you can mix mine & I'll pay u! :p
    She's brave she put her mix on her face.:eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Title of possible foreign movie about missing, later recovered boy [ 1 Answers ]

What is the title/name of a movie where boy (I believe he was Russian) is befriended by a young man. Boy turns up missing, but is recovered alive back home years later. Family identifies boy by a birthmark on is backside or something. Boy has a sister who it seems as though they have an incestuous...

Movie about recovered boy discovered to be an imposter [ 1 Answers ]

What is the name of the movie where boy is befriended by a young man. Boy turns up missing, but is recovered alive back home years later. Family identifies boy by a birthmark. Boy has a sister who it seems as though they have an incestuous relationship. The young man that befriended recovered boy...

Can things with my ex girlfriend be recovered? [ 50 Answers ]

I'll try and keep this concise. My ex girlfriend and I broke up 3 months ago. We'd taken each other for granted and pushed each other too far for things to work out. After we broke up I realised the mistakes I made. Over the next few months we both upset each other a little more, we stayed in...

Windows recovered from a device failure [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I keep getiing this message while my computer is on Windows recovered from a device failure please reboot to full functionality Could someone ans this question how to solve this problem Thanks

Stolen car recovered [ 2 Answers ]

My car was stolen 4 months ago I reported it to the police I found out about a week ago it was recovered and put into someone else's name. I was never informed by anyone that my car was found now my car has been stripped and crushed and can get no answers from the police as to why I was never told...

View more questions Search