Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcrunner Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Oct 29, 2008, 09:42 PM
    Could I be bipolar?
    How can I get an idea of whether I might be bipolar? I know you need to see a doctor to know for sure, but I just want to know if it could be a possibility before I go through the trouble of seeing a doctor.

I feel depressed and worthless a lot of the time. But sometimes I just can't stop talking to people. I make poor decisions for no apparent reason even though I know they're wrong. I have a lot of trouble sleeping and usually have to take medicine just to fall asleep. Even then, I stay up really late even when I have to wake up early in the morning. By night time though, I'm still not tired enough to go to sleep at a good time. I don't know what all this means? Should I get it checked out or am I just imagining things?
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Oct 29, 2008, 09:49 PM

When do you do 'stupid things'? When you are feeling depressed or when you are 'flying high'- if you get my meaning.
    mcrunner Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Oct 29, 2008, 09:56 PM

I usually plan to do them when I'm feeling depressed and just need to get away. But when I'm actually doing it or about to, I feel like I'm on top of the world and could never be happier. Then afterwords when I realize it was stupid or something bad happened because of it, I feel depressed again.
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Oct 29, 2008, 10:09 PM

What is Bipolar Disorder? (Manic Depression)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bipolar? If not tell me how I can fix everything [ 7 Answers ]

I've never posted on this site before but I've got nothing to lose, so here goes... I'm almost positive I'm bipolar. I can go from basically being naturally high (thinking I can do anything, completley happy, not afraid of anything) to insanley depressed (huddled in a corner, the only thing I...

Bipolar? [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend has bipolar and I'd appreciate some adivce on how to handle it. Lately he has been very emotional. One minute he is happy and the next he is sad. I worry that I cause this emotional roller coaster and I wish that I could help... He has a hard time getting out his emotions and sharing...

I believe I'm bipolar [ 2 Answers ]

I don't believe I am bi-polar or anything like that but I the same feel as if I can't control my feelings as if there is something controlling me, I've been with my girlfreind nearly two years, and well ever since last xmas something happened it may have even been before that before we got together...

Is he bipolar? [ 3 Answers ]

I think my boyfriend is bipolar. He has some of the symptoms like sometimes he tells me that he feels better than everyone else. Sometimes when I talk to him he feels depressed and low and then the next minuet he's happy and hyper. He also told me that he has "racing thoughts" and finds it hard to...

Could I be bipolar? [ 4 Answers ]

I know that I suffer from more than one type of depression. I've been like this my whole life and it only gets worse with age. I have lots of depression symptom, I've taking antidepressants. But lately little things have seem to stress me out so much more. I have lots of mood swings several times...

View more questions Search