Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hate_and_love Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 02:58 PM
    Do I have depression?
    I'm 14 years old and I think I may have depression. I think of all the bad things in my life a lot and sometimes out of nowhere. One time I woke up in the middle of the night and just started to cry in a corner remembering all of the bad things and saying how I should kill myself. Well later that week I tried to do it. I took around 8-10 pills at once. I got sick and fell asleep but that was about it. :( I hate that I get sad a lot from out of nowhere and when I get sad about one thing,then all of the bad memories come back and I start crying. No one in my family now that I've tried to commit suicide and I really don't want to tell them because we are having very bad family problems... like my mom having to go to the doctors for radition and my brother running away because of my dad saying he was going to kill him,and right now we don't know where he is... I really think I may have depression because I always think of the bad things and wanting to kill myself. Do I have it or am I just a negative person?
    mdh111688 Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Oct 24, 2008, 03:02 PM
    This is definitely depression. Is it possible for you to talk to a counselor about it? They might really be able to help you. How old are you, i.e. are you in school?

Oct 24, 2008, 03:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mdh111688 View Post
    This is definitely depression. Is it possible for you to talk to a counselor about it? They might really be able to help you. How old are you, i.e. are you in school?
    Well like I said I'm 14 and I'm in middle school last year,but I don't act like I'm sad in front of other people I'm always very happy and joyful,but when I'm alone I start thinking about all the bad things. If I really do have depression,then what level of depression do I have? And I really don't want to tell those people my problems because if I do they well tell my family and we'll have another problem
    mdh111688 Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Oct 24, 2008, 03:10 PM

Sorry, didn't see you mentioned your age. I am not a professional, so I don't know what level of depression you have. The fact that you attempted suicide lends it out of the mild depression category though. I think you need to look into any counseling services at your school.

When I was in high school, I had a lot of problems with anxiety and depression and I was able to get plugged into some great programs at school. Do you think this is an option for you?

Oct 24, 2008, 03:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mdh111688 View Post
    Sorry, didn't see you mentioned your age. I am not a professional, so I don't know what level of depression you have. The fact that you attempted suicide lends it out of the mild depression category though. I think you need to look into any counseling services at your school.

When I was in high school, I had a lot of problems with anxiety and depression and I was able to get plugged into some great programs at school. Do you think this is an option for you?
    Well in my school there aren't a lot of clubs and there is one that I'm in and that keeps me busy and it makes happy,I don't trust my school very much because it is very broken down and the consuloer is never there.. so I wouldn't really trust them. I would call a suicide hotline but I'm scared of getting caught so I decided never to call them.
    mcrunner Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Oct 24, 2008, 11:24 PM

Well you need to find someone to talk to. Dealing with depression on your own is pretty much impossible. I've gone through it before and am currently going through some rough spots myself. Do you have any teachers you look up to and trust? Or any other adults in your life you feel you can talk to? Even just talking to a really good friend can help. Without some of my friends, I would be a complete mess. What's going to help you get through this is a good support system. If you can't think of anyone in your life you trust enough to talk to, you could always give the hotline a call at a time that you feel safe, away from your parents if you don't want them to find out. Surround yourself with those you love and trust, and I believe you'll be able to make it through :)
    xxariesxx Posts: 202, Reputation: 40

Oct 25, 2008, 12:31 AM
    Hello. That is all very good advice. You are so young and have a lot to offer the world, you will see that in time. Please don't give up on yourself.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK

This may help you if you feel you are in a bad situation and need to talk to someone. It's completely confidential.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2008, 04:47 PM

I think just when you need attention and guidance from you family, they are absorbed with their own problems, so you are desperate go get some attention but don't know how to get it or if you are worthy.

YOu are just a kid and need and deserve attention.

Do you have a grandmother or aunt who you can lean on at this time?

Oct 26, 2008, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux View Post
    I think just when you need attention and guidance from you family, they are absorbed with their own problems, so you are desperate go get some attention but don't know how to get it or if you are worthy.

YOu are just a kid and need and deserve attention.

Do you have a grandmother or aunt who you can lean on at this time??
    It's not like they've never been there for me,they always have been except for the last 2 years or so but I've always thought I was usless pathetic every since I was very little. Whenever someone said some to me that mad me sad I all of a sudden remember all the bad things and I feel guilty and sometimes out of nowhere I become sad and I want to kill myself.Right now we need money and for some reason I feel like it's my fault and if I died everything would be fine. And no I don't have an aunt or gandmother or aany other family members they live in Mexico.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 02:29 PM

YOu are only 14 and deserve a lot of love and attention, no matter what!

Do not judge yourself as a child by adult or religious standards!!

You have to have someone pay attention to you. Please find that person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depression, why? [ 5 Answers ]

OK I've been feeling a little down lately, I'm thinking it was because of me yelling at my g/f then she goes and says its because of her and I think it's a combination of stuff, I'm thinking it might be caused by my absence of bowling, I've been bowling for like 6 years now and I haven't bowled in...

Is This Depression? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there. For 6 months now I have been feeling strange... I have been suffering a loooong sinus infection as told by the doctor but nooo meds helped. Then I started getting incredibly tired and started losing my interest in almost everything. I also got engaged to the person who I neeeever...

Depression. [ 5 Answers ]

Ever Since I was 15 Years Old I had Depression. I would go see a Doctor all the time. I was always Down and Sad Feeling Hopeless with Just Everything in my Life. My Depression Would Come and Go For about Four Years Now. But Since my Twins were born ( 9 months ago) I have the worse Depression...

The pit of depression [ 6 Answers ]

I usually don't post my probs on the net but here goes... im a teenager 19 to be exact and I'm sinking deeper and deeper into a pit I can't come out of. Here's the scenario. I have no car and I can't drive... and its not like I'm poor well I am but my family isn't. When I turned 15 I got my...

Depression sux [ 17 Answers ]

Okay Ive had some problems since I was a short little monkey. I was really bad off and I thought about killing myself sometimes. I was given zoloft wich I got the doctor to take me off because it made things worse and didn't help so I have not been on any medicine. I have two children now and it is...

View more questions Search