Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Aug 17, 2008, 07:14 PM
    How to handle offense
    Matthew 18:15
    [ Correcting Another Believer ] “If another believer sins against you, go privately and point out the offense. If the other person listens and confesses it, you have won that person back.

So, how do you interpret and apply this to your life?

Colossians 3:13
    Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.
    Always_helping Posts: 76, Reputation: 15

Aug 17, 2008, 08:05 PM
    A good example I can think of is what occurs between a husband and a wife:

A wife or husband has clearly wronged the other and the offended speaks with him/her about it in private and the other listens and confess their wrongdoing. Next that person is forgiven by the offended and the couple's relationship is strengthened.

That is about as succinct as I could put it.

If you believe my answer is accurate, please rate it. If you believe it is inaccurate, please reply to my post and I will do my best to clarify my answer.

Peace.
    revdrgade Posts: 162, Reputation: 37

Aug 17, 2008, 10:53 PM
    The goal of our actions is always to "save your brother".

In this case the brother "sinned" against you.
    The Bible is not talking about what the world calls "an offense" (usually the world means where people TAKE offense when no sin has been committed but they don't like what you said or did).

The Colosians verse uses a word much more like what the world means. It is "momphe" = "a blame, quarrel".

In the latter case, we are to recognize that we have been forgiven much more serious things through Jesus Christ dying on our behalf.
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Aug 18, 2008, 06:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by revdrgade
    The goal of our actions is always to "save your brother".

In this case the brother "sinned" against you.
    The Bible is not talking about what the world calls "an offense" (usually the world means where people TAKE offense when no sin has been committed but they don't like what you said or did).

The Colosians verse uses a word much more like what the world means. It is "momphe" = "a blame, quarrel".

In the latter case, we are to recognize that we have been forgiven much more serious things through Jesus Christ dying on our behalf.
    Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing handle from a Moen single-handle shower [ 5 Answers ]

The shower is dripping and I am trying to get to the stem by removing the handle. I can see a set screw recessed into the bottom of the handle. I have tried an allen wrench but bent it without any success.

Offense, Deffense [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I've been in a relationship for almost a year now. Everything goes well until my boyfriend slips into these strange isolation periods. He blocks out certain things, one of which is me. I feel completely non-existent, especially because it seems he enjoys not being apart of my life. He'll go out...

1st offense [ 2 Answers ]

My son has been charged with two felonies of burglaries its his first offense he is 18 they did not take anything but someone got stitches he is in jail without bail I just want to know what to expect:confused:

Replacing single handle bathtub handle with 2 handles [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am redoing the tile in my bathroom and want to change my single handle hot/cold fixture with a 2 handle fixture... Can I do this myself or do I need a plumber?. My house was built in the 1960's and the faucet seem original.. I do have access from the back and will have access in front once...

Second offense [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I was charged with theft by taking a motor vehicle and contributing to a delinquency of a minor last year. I was sentenced to 3 yrs probation under the first offenders act. A few days a go I was arrested for theft by shoplifting $1601.93 worth of merchandise, and cont. to delinquency of a...

View more questions Search