Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grammarian-Bot Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2008, 12:29 PM
    Confused how my bank calculates the montly installment.
    I took a loan of 300,000. I am paying it over 3 years installments. The markup is 14%. The monthly fix payment would be 10,253. Can someone tell me how my bank calculated this monthly payment?
    You can see how the page below calculates it?
    http://www.realkerala.com/calc_emi.htm

GB
    Fastfun1 Posts: 80, Reputation: 11

Jul 17, 2008, 06:10 AM
    Well, the bank calculated it using a financial calculator, i.e. the HP 12c. By your post, I'm assuming you do not own or know the working of one. So... you'll have to see it the long way. I believe, however, that is what you want. Simply Google loan payment formula. You should not have a problem finding the actual equation that is used in loan repayments. You can plug in the numbers from there. If you enjoy math, it will be fun. If not, have fun!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 17, 2008, 06:17 AM
    I'm confused. I use the page you linked to and got the same monthly payment of $10,253. Are you disputing this amount or do you just want to know how its arrived at?

If the latter, do a search on loan payment formulas. Generally, banks use a financial calculator to determine payments according to an amortization schedule.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installment-Sales Method [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone let me know if I did the following problem correct? On January 1, 2007, Barkly Company sold property for $200,000. The note will be collected as follows: $100,000 in 2007, $60,000 in 2008, and $40,000 in 2009. The property had cost Barkly $150,000 when it was purchased in 2005. ...

Designing payment with installment [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to create a student management system and I am new to the access due to the chaos in managing student informations and at the moment the college is lack of cash we can not afford to hire external company or person to do it. I have attempted to create a database to minimise...

Installment sale [ 5 Answers ]

Why does Turbo Tax ask for the selling price of an rental realestate asset and the selling price of the land separately when in fact the closing papers of the sale don't distinguish between the two. If you do enter the gross selling price for the complete property and zero for land Turbotax comes...

Installment agreement w/ IRS and owe more taxes [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have an installment agreement with the IRS to pay back taxes owed (1997 year) and just found out that I will owe more taxes for 2006. Can I have the 2006 taxes combined with my current installment agreement or do I have to pay it in full? Any help would be appreciated

View more questions Search