Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blue166 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2005, 11:56 AM
    Servere Keyboard problem! Please help
    I have a labtec keyobard. And I get an annoying on screen display every time I click on my lock keys, CAPS LOCK,SCROLL LOCK,NUM LOCK.

The problem is a little grey box with displays above my taskbar each time I click on one of my lock keys, any idea?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 1, 2005, 05:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by blue166
    I have a labtec keyobard. and i get an annoying on screen display everytime i click on my lock keys, CAPS LOCK,SCROLL LOCK,NUM LOCK.

The problem is a little grey box with displays above my taskbar each time i click on one of my lock keys, any idea??
    So, if I understand this, you press one of the lock keys and a visual notification appears on the screen to ket know about it. Then you need to check your keyboard manual to see how to turn that off. Or contact Labtec.

Jun 1, 2005, 09:58 AM
    First off the instruction manual is CRAP,really is it gives you nothing more than how to use your wrists and not to get wrist ache,that is it!

There tec support is slow,useless again!

So surely i dont have to re format my hard disk to get rid of this?????
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 1, 2005, 11:04 AM
    It would seem that some software was installed with the keyboard that doies this. Since I'm not familiar with that product I don't know how to configure it. There has to be some configuration. Check out this thread: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=9645
    Its in the Computer Utilities topic. It may be helpful to you.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2005, 04:26 AM
    Does the box say anything/do anything? Do you have any software installed that came with the keyboard? Finally, have you got anything checked in your accessibility options (read my answers above if you don't know how to get there). This lot should help us see what the problem is.

Jun 2, 2005, 10:58 AM
    Ok first off I just contacted labtec and I found out that the keyboard I have does not even have a program that does this on screen indicator!

So that is weird! My accessibility is fine I believe from what I read.

So I'm totally confused,I hate it when crap like this happens

PLEASE HELP
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2005, 04:57 AM
    Does the grey box say anything? If you know how to, can you put a screenshot on the web and post a link here?

Also, in your accesibility options try unchecking every check box there is (without having to click on a settings button etc.). That'll make 100% certain it's not an accesibility option.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop Keyboard problem [ 3 Answers ]

My laptop keyboard got jammed. I am sure there is a key or set of keys to press to release the jam because I can recall I had a problem with my old laptop some 2 years ago which was sorted thus. The present problem is with the new dell laptop three weeks old. Can somebody help.

Keyboard conflict [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I'm having a little harware problem with my computer. Everything was fine last week, and then my internet got blocked for a few days. After it was working again, I couldn't get my mouse and keyboard working toegther. Both are fine. I know the keyboard is OK because: -If I restart my...

No keyboard at welcome screen xp pro [ 11 Answers ]

I installed spy sweeper on an xp pro machine to remove some adware. After the removal was complete it asked to reboot my system. After the reboot I clicked on the user to login and when I hit any key (to enter password) but the keyboard not responding I tried safe mode reboot but same thing. It...

PS/2 keyboard problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older 700mhz Duron box that Im trying to fix up for a family member. I did an fdisk and formatted the drive for a fresh Windows 98 install. Im booting to a Win98 startup disk and choosing to install from CD. The keyboard works fine for all of this... but as soon as Windows comes to...

View more questions Search