Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gmrgrl84 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 02:19 AM
    I think I am pregnant, test says negative, what's going on?
    Ok this will be long and detailed, I'm 22, never been pregnant before, and I always always have the same expected menstrul cycle. Never been irregular.

About a month ago I started on a new birth contrill pill called Previfem, supossed to be similar or pretty much the same as Ortho Cyclin I believe, anyway, I started taking them after my fiancé and I moved into our own apartment because, obviously I didn't want to become pregnant before our wedding this September.

Well, about a month and a half into the pills, I decided to stop taking them because since I had started on them I was starting to have severe headaches, nausea, severe tenderness in my chest, etc. But keep in note at this time that the first period I had while on the pills was normal, my normal anyhow.

So I quit taking them and was waiting for good time to go back to my clinic so I could request something different, I thought the side effects were too much. I haven't been able to do so as of now.

So now... just this past Saturday, I THOUGHT, I had started my period, you know the normal beginning phase of a period, very very light and spotty for a short time before it really starts up, and for me, by at least 5 hours into my cycle, and most certainly by the 2nd day, sorry to be graphic, but I am like niagra falls heavy.

So you can understand my worries when I am still spotty on my 4th day, I'm talking spotty and light to the point, where it only shows up about 2 or 3 times in a day, and very little at that.
    I've taken 2 pregnancy tests, and both say negative, if I were still on the pills I would assume it was the pills causing some kind of a weird side effect, but, I'm not.
    And tonight, before I decided to send this out, I felt a very out of the blue, quick sick to my stomach feeling, almost felt like I was going to lose my luch, or dinner or whatever.

So I guess my question is, can you still experience side effects of BC pills nearly a month after not using them, or am I pregnant and most likely getting a wrong reading from the test in a box?
    Sorry this is such a long drawn out explanation, but I thought a detailed description would help.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2007, 03:14 AM
    A new pill will cause your body side affeacts as it gets into your system, you stopped taking it your body is wondering what's going on one minnute its receiving this extra hormone then its not.
    Its highly unlikely you are pregnant but id see your dr anyway and explain and have them take bloods.
    Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed Period;Negative test results;Could I be pregnant or not? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm very irregular,but sometimes it scares me and puts me in a not so good situation... I can honestly say that my husband & I have been trying to get pregnant for a while.I had my period on April 02,2007.I just missed it & I am very curious... Maybe I missed because I am irregular & it's supposed...

Missed period and negative pregnancy test.am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok here is my situation. My last period was on March 29. I am very regular and I'm not on any birth control. About two weeks after my last period I started spotting. I had unprotected sex the night before I started spotting wich kind of freaked me out(I never had spotting before). Well I missed my...

Negative pregnant test and blood test. Could I still be pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

I had an ectopic pregnancy in October 2006, and have been trying to conceive since January 07, I am 1week late for my period and have had many signs of pregnancy, including spotting a week before my period was due, since then I have had 5 negative home pregnancy tests, and a hcg level of below 1.5...

I might be pregnant but the recent test was negative [ 3 Answers ]

I am 32, I am 12 days late for my period, and yesterday I have a light brown discharge . My periods are always right on time.I am very tired .The problem is I have intra uterine device (copper t)... I am worried about the ectopic pregnancy.I did a home pregnancy test yesterday and it came...

I might be pregnant but the recent test was negative [ 1 Answers ]

The last time I had sex with my now exboyfriend was around the first week of December. About a week later I had a full normal period which was 7 days long(normal). I started my current period Wednesday and by Friday I was no longer bleeding, not even spotting. :confused: This has never...

View more questions Search