Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mccrajos Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 02:23 PM
    Sod for newly cleared yard
    Just had some land cleared-about 1/2 acre-stumps removed, graded level. I want to put sod in this area any suggestions before I invest time and money.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2007, 02:24 PM
    A sprinkler system would be a good idea, to insure sod does not dry and burn
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 5, 2007, 02:27 PM
    Soil preparation is key. Make sure there is a good base of high-quality topsoil, so that the roots have something to grow down into. If you can bring in an inch of topsoil to overlay the existing ground that would be ideal. Make sure the sod sections are nice and tight to each other - if there are gaps the edge of the sod will dry out and the grass will die there. Also, once you lay the sod be generous with watering for a couple of weeks.
    dirkmyster Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 06:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mccrajos
    just had some land cleared-about 1/2 acre-stumps removed, graded level. i want to put sod in this area any suggestions before i invest time and money.
    Just make sure after you lay the sod you soak it continuiously
    cassieandcameo Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 08:32 PM
    How often should sod be watered? For how many days?
    dirkmyster Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 04:28 AM
    Everyday,for a couple weeks. Keep it saturated so it doesn't dry out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Newly married [ 1 Answers ]

I recently got married and my new husband knows about me contenplating filing for bankruptcy. My question is how will my filing bankruptcy going to effect his credit. I live in the state of Illinois so I need to know about Illinois law in this matter

Newly Wed.and nothing going on [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My husband and I have been married for about 6 months now. That would be all well and good except that because of circumstances out of our control, we needed to move in with my parents for about a year. That has not been a big problem. They give us our space and respect our position and how...

Second Deposit Never Cleared into Escrow Acct [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I'm in a situation where buyers went into a sales contract with me to purchase my house w/a preoccupancy agreement from Sept 1 through Jan 31. The buyers were supposed to put an initial deposit of $2k and a second deposit of $4k into long and foster escrow account, which is the buyers agent...

Newly married to non-resident, need tax help! [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently married and my husband is not from the U.S. He has begun his application process for residency and work permit, but this process takes a few months, so in the meantime, I am supporting him. How does this effect our 2006 tax return when we file? Is there anything I need to know?...

Newly Built Computer Problems [ 9 Answers ]

Me and My Friend are building a computer for my girlfriend and when we put all the pieces together and started it up everything worked(Fans, HD Booted, Floppy, CD DVD Roms,LEDS) The only thing that won't seem to work is the monitor. We first Tried plugging it into the video card that we put in then...

View more questions Search