Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lwchris Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Subpanel Cable type
    I need to install a 60amp sub panel. I will be running the feeder cable in Schedule 80 PVC. The run is 100 feet long, I want to use 2 gauge SE Quadruplex type RHW-2. Is this cable OK or should I be looking at something else. I want to be able to use it for 100 amps in the future.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 02:38 AM
    The wire size and insulation type is fine, except I believe this cable is 4 wires twisted, which may be difficult to pull through conduit, esp elbows. Depends on the size conduit used. You may want to use at least 2 " conduit, or use individual wires with XHHW or THHN/THWN insulation, which will pull easier.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical Subpanel [ 1 Answers ]

I have used all the breaker positions in my existing electrical panel. I want to install a subpanel right next to the present one. Are there any code requirements about spacing?

Subpanel wiring [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I am helping someone build a house and I have a question about his subpanel. He has wired a subpanel in his garage "attached". He used aluminum #2 sec 2 conuctor with braided ground. I told him he needed 4 conductor because the ground and neutral must be separated at the subpanel. The next...

Subpanel in basement [ 1 Answers ]

I need three 20a circuits in basement. I planned to run #8 wire 50feet from main panel to a new sub panel in basement where I would have 3 20a breakers. Will this be OK or do I need #6 wire for the feed to the subpanel?

Electrical Subpanel [ 1 Answers ]

I want to install a electrical subpanel(~50 amp) in my garage, if I do not feed the subpanel with a breaker from the main service of the house,would or could I tie into the main lugs of the main service to feed the subpanel? (Using the proper wire size) Would I have to use a ground rod for the...

Adding subpanel [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 200A main panel in my garage and want to install a subpanel in my basement to feed 4 circuits (15 & 20 A). The best route I can find for the feeder wire is through the garage in conduit, then entering the basement through the concrete foundation. I have a couple of questions. 1. If I...

View more questions Search