Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 3, 2007, 12:02 AM
    6 kittens
    I have six kittens that are about six weeks old that are now eating dry food. 5 are male and one is female. I really am a dog person though I love my cats... Oh and the momma already got fixed so that won't happen again. I was just wondering when I should get the little ones spaied/nutered at what age is optimal. I have rarely done it before the cat was a year old... I also need to know about the same thing with my raggles... beagle, rat terrier mix. They are just now six months.
    DocWill Posts: 239, Reputation: 40

Jun 3, 2007, 12:19 AM
    Hey myth girly!

This is very much a personal question. Some Vets have a peticular date when they like to spay, and personaly I think they pick the date to make sure the Golf game isn't missed. I don't have a personal preferance as to when 3-4 months is old enough. Call around and mention you have a litter, most places will help with cost or direct you to someone who will. When I worked in a regular day practice I offered a extreamly reasonable cost if pet owners brought them all in at the same time. Especially in they are male. Good Luck Mythyy

Jun 3, 2007, 01:03 PM
    We just paid close to 300.00 on one cat for a spay... I won't be able to do it at that price every time... She got all her shots and everything including a fecal exam...

Jun 3, 2007, 01:23 PM
    I would have done all 6 for 200$, I am serious about calling um and ask. It may surprise you.

Jun 4, 2007, 11:03 AM
    And just where are you? I'll bring them all in... lol

Jun 4, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Lolololol Cost more to fly to Florida I would guess,, lol

Jun 4, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Maybe... but I'm in tn sooo who knows
    How strange is it for only one of the six to be a female?

Jun 4, 2007, 11:23 AM
    Not that strange, least only one of um will be crazy, lolol

Jun 5, 2007, 10:10 AM
    Lol... yeah the big male with an extra toe on each foot... lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kittens [ 5 Answers ]

I recently found a stray cat and 4 kittens under my shed... we have been feeding her and have now moved her inside the shed with her kittens,she is now friendly and very happy.I have not noticed any bowel movements from the kittens and they are 3 weeks old... should I be worried? Kori

Kittens [ 2 Answers ]

I have 4 kittens that will be 5 weeks on this Saturday they won't eat cat food yet is this right only one is drinking water but they are using the litter box can you give me some info please

Kittens [ 3 Answers ]

My two weeks old kitten has red pupils. Is that normal?

Kittens! [ 4 Answers ]

How can I make sure my kittens are going to good homes?

Kittens [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my cat gave birth to 6 kittens yesterday at 7.10 am and two were still bourns she in nursing the young very well and she is also looking after her self well. Q. is it o.k for my cat to use the toilet after 30 hours. Q. and do the kittens have fleas as soon as they are born.::confused:

View more questions Search