Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kori Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2006, 07:54 AM
    Kittens
    I recently found a stray cat and 4 kittens under my shed... we have been feeding her and have now moved her inside the shed with her kittens,she is now friendly and very happy.I have not noticed any bowel movements from the kittens and they are 3 weeks old... should I be worried?

Kori
    fire_ball19 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2006, 08:38 AM
    Hey bro its normal for a kitten not to have bowel movements for about 2-4 days but after that if they don't something could be wrong I would take them to the vet.
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Sep 21, 2006, 08:46 AM
    Not to worry. The mom cat routinely cleans up the BM of the kittens for the first few weeks.
    fire_ball19 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2006, 08:50 AM
    All right that sounds much better but if u don't c much after about a week or two more I would check into it k bro.
    BIM Posts: 245, Reputation: 50

Sep 21, 2006, 09:08 AM
    As Dr. D said the mother cleans up after them for a while. I would suggest that you put a small container by them with litter in it so when they start to move around more this will litter train the from the get go.

Good luck :)
    Taukame Posts: 92, Reputation: 26

Sep 21, 2006, 04:25 PM
    My cat had four kittens in July and I didn't see any poop for a long time. Really good idea to put the litter tray nearby before the kittens start moving around. I didn't and they pooped all over the place for about a week.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kittens due [ 3 Answers ]

My year old cat is due to have her kittens any day now, I was wondering if any one could tell me what signs to look out for

2x 16 week kittens [ 2 Answers ]

My youngest of 2 cats (sachi) was killed by a car on Friday, and my mum thought that she would cheer me up with 2 new 16 week kittens, one male one female, reluctantly I took them, they were obviously very nervous and quiet. They were infested with fleas which I have treated them both, and washed...

Kittens! [ 4 Answers ]

How can I make sure my kittens are going to good homes?

Kittens [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my cat gave birth to 6 kittens yesterday at 7.10 am and two were still bourns she in nursing the young very well and she is also looking after her self well. Q. is it o.k for my cat to use the toilet after 30 hours. Q. and do the kittens have fleas as soon as they are born.::confused:

Dog with Kittens [ 4 Answers ]

I adopted a 2 year old German Shepherd/Border Collie mix from the shelter 2 and a half years ago. I have no idea what kind of background she had, but from what I've seen, it's not good. Charlie was in heat when I got her and had her spayed right after. The vet said that by her uterus and mammory...

View more questions Search