Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    somagirl3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 12:44 PM
    Shower leak
    We just bought a condo with a remodeled bath. There is no water leak when taking a bath but water leaks out the top side of the tub through a hole in the wall next to the tub (that was painted over). Total novice at this. Can we just seal the hole up? What about the water that is leaking out? Very frustrated that this was a remodeled bath and now we have problems within weeks of ownership. Thanks for your help.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 30, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Do not seal the hole it will just get worse. You have a plumbing leak but before we start removing walls lets look at other options. That leak probably did not just start in the last week. If you used a real estate agent call them about concealed or hidden damages. Demand that they contact the seller and require the seller to fix or pay for the repair.

Is the water coming out of the wall between the mixing valve and the top of the tub?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower Leak [ 4 Answers ]

I recently moved into a house that has a fiberglass shower base. One day after showering we noticed the ceiling below had wet spots. I've read this forum and just tested out some of the tricks to find the root cause... I've put a wet towel in the drain itself and filled the pan up with water to...

Another Shower Leak [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have a leak from a second floor shower stall drain. It is obvious that the leak is coming from the seal between the drain and the shower floor. The drain assembly is glued to the drain pipe and can not be loosened from underneath. I had to remove the drain assembly from the inside of...

Shower Leak [ 8 Answers ]

CAn anyone help with a shower leak. I think it is the seal around the drain. Here is a link to the drain: http://images18.fotki.com/v345/photos/7/734253/4011774/PICT0030-vi.jpg How is this removed to replace the seal?

Shower leak [ 3 Answers ]

We just moved into a brand new 2 story house. About 3 times that we've used our shower it has leaked by water coming out of a light in my kitchen (on the 1st floor). Every time a plumber comes out and looks they cannot find a leak. I am scared because of the electrical that the water is passing...

Shower leak [ 3 Answers ]

After 5 months in a 4 year old home, water began leaking from our family room ceiling directly below the master shower. It happened a few more times, but only after the shower had been running for about 20 minutes. I had a plumber come out to diagnose the problem and after cutting a hole in the...

View more questions Search