Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoNyland Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2007, 07:47 AM
    My fiancé adopting my son
    I am getting married in October and my fiancé wants to adopt my 7 year old son. His fathers name is on the birth certificate, but he has my surname. My fiancé is the father he has never had, and they get on great. How would I go about getting this done, and would his father have to be informed? All advice welcome. Thanks x
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

May 29, 2007, 11:23 AM
    You have to go to court and to try to terminate his parental rights.After that it is possible step-father adoption to be done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopting my fiancés son [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé has a 6yr old who stays with us, as his mother is deceased. Over a year ago he started to call me mummy. Me and my partner have spoke about me adopting him and would like some advice on how to go about it

I am getting married and my fianc? Wants to adopt my son who's father is on death row [ 2 Answers ]

How do we go about doing this? He never signed my sons birth certificate and never paid any child support. My son is 14 now and wants to be my fiancés son. He (my fiance) has been the only father he has ever known since he was 8 weeks old. Also my sons biological father was very violent towards...

Curious about my partner adopting my son [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, a year ago I moved to victoria from south Australia. I have a 4 yr old son to a previous relationship. I am now with my partner and very happy, we are planning on getting married in the future. My son's father has had no cantact with my son for 7 months now. I did want him to still be apart...

How to go about adopting... [ 3 Answers ]

Where do you begin to adopt a child? What is the best route? My life partner & I want a baby to love. We are not legally "partners"/ or married as of yet. Should I go about this as single before we legalize? I don't know legally how we can go about this, what the laws are in Fla. In a...

Looking into adopting [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my soon to be husband and I have been looking into adopting a child/newborn with down syndrome has anyone done this or have a child with downs we are just starting to look into this we would like to adopt after we get married! We both have a lot of expereince working with children youth etc with...

View more questions Search