Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Narrelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 05:04 AM
    Curious about my partner adopting my son
    Hello, a year ago I moved to victoria from south Australia. I have a 4 yr old son to a previous relationship. I am now with my partner and very happy, we are planning on getting married in the future. My son's father has had no cantact with my son for 7 months now. I did want him to still be apart of my sons life but was worried that if my son did go back to south australia, he would keep him and not return him to me. So in order of that I spoke with my lawyer and we ended up going through a round about dispute, me ex was suppose to send the forms back to the lady but did not so she closed the file. Now he is asking me for a DNA test which I'm quiet happy to do as I have nothing to hide. It just shocks me that after 4 years he wants this done, I believe it is his girlfriends doing. So now my partner and I have discussed that he adopt my son. My son and my partner have a very very close relationship and have done since day 1. Can my partner adopt my son?
    AsherBlu85 Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Mar 24, 2007, 07:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Narrelle
    Hello, a year ago i moved to victoria from south Australia. I have a 4 yr old son to a previous relationship. I am now with my partner and very happy, we are planning on getting married in the future. My son's father has had no cantact with my son for 7 months now. I did want him to still be apart of my sons life but was worried that if my son did go back to south australia, he would keep him and not return him to me. so in order of that i spoke with my lawyer and we ended up going through a round about dispute, me ex was suppose to send the forms back to the lady but did not so she closed the file. Now he is asking me for a DNA test which im quiet happy to do as i have nothing to hide. It just shocks me that after 4 years he wants this done, i believe it is his girlfriends doing. So now my partner and i have discussed that he adopt my son. My son and my partner have a very very close relationship and have done since day 1. Can my partner adopt my son?
    I think your partner would be able to adopt him if your son's father signs over his parental rights. If he does that though, there wouldn't be any point in him having any contact with your son. Try not to get into it with this man. He's losing out not you guys. I don't feel as though the father needs to be around to help your son grow because as long as he sees a man he'll become a man. If your partner and your son get along and all ready have a father and son relationship and his real father is being an , do what you have got to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopting From Europe [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my Fiancé plan to adopt down the road (in approx. 5 years) after we have two children of our own first. We are planning to adopt from Ukraine or Russia. I know how horrible situations are down there, plus that is where my family came from so it just hits close to home for me. My questions is...

Adopting stepson [ 2 Answers ]

Where do I start in adopting my wife's son. He is three and always played an active roll in his life since he was born his biological father has refused contact since he was six weeks old

Adopting a stepson [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering how to approch the adoption of my son gregory. My husband now has been in Gregs life since He was 2. My son now will be 12 feb. 21st. Which is old enough to know what he wants. See his biological father has not been in the picture for awhile. He was in and out a few times. But it has...

How to go about adopting... [ 3 Answers ]

Where do you begin to adopt a child? What is the best route? My life partner & I want a baby to love. We are not legally "partners"/ or married as of yet. Should I go about this as single before we legalize? I don't know legally how we can go about this, what the laws are in Fla. In a...

Looking into adopting [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my soon to be husband and I have been looking into adopting a child/newborn with down syndrome has anyone done this or have a child with downs we are just starting to look into this we would like to adopt after we get married! We both have a lot of expereince working with children youth etc with...

View more questions Search