Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bsting Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 09:37 AM
    Statue of Limitation of signature under duress
    My partner forced me to sell a property of ours to his acquintance. I did not know he was planning this sale until a week before the close of Escrow which the buyer was doing a 1031 Exchange. My partner agreed to give me his share of another property we own if this deal closed. I did not get this in writing so after the close, he backed out of his commitment.
    This happened in October 2004.
    The question: Is there a statue of limitation on any angle to recoup my lost?
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

May 23, 2007, 11:57 AM
    Unless you have a written agreement for him to repay you - probably not. You have no "loss". You should not sell or agree to anything on your additional shared property unless it is in writing and you get your share of the prior sale.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statue of limitation [ 5 Answers ]

What is the statue of limitation on statutory rape? Also, the time of limitation has passed, what other way can you charge some one with statutory rape against a 14 year old, if they were 25 at the time?

Statue of limitation in Nova Scotia [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old credit card debt from 1998-1999. In 2005 a collection agency contacted me by letter wanting to collect. At that time I sought professional help from a debt relief company. I was told not to worry about it because the statue was about to run out. Recently I have been contacted...

Statue of limitation on a crime in because canada. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. I was charged with a break and enter 7 years ago.. was released on a promise to appear and never went to court but instead moved to another province.. anyway am back in british columbia and was pulled over for being drunk in a public place and the warrant came up.. I did not get an additional...

Statue of Limitation [ 2 Answers ]

What is the statute of Limitation on a DUI charge in BC or Canada. I have a warrant out of my arrest in BC. I didn't even know about it until I was pulled over in Alberta. I was under the impression from the cop that I talked to on the phone that I had taken care of all of that mess. But then I...

View more questions Search