Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pokerbeaver Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 10:55 PM
    Statue of limitation on a crime in because canada.
    Hi.. I was charged with a break and enter 7 years ago.. was released on a promise to appear and never went to court but instead moved to another province.. anyway am back in british columbia and was pulled over for being drunk in a public place and the warrant came up.. I did not get an additional charge but have to appear in court..

Was wondering if there was a time limit on this charge or am I to plea on it 7 years later..

Thanks for your time.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2007, 11:19 PM
    Hello poker:

I don't know if the laws in Canada are the same as the US on statutes of limitations, but in the US, the statute of limitations runs from the time they discover a crime until someone is charged. You were charged. If a warrant is issued for a particular individual, that warrant never expires.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statue of limitation [ 5 Answers ]

What is the statue of limitation on statutory rape? Also, the time of limitation has passed, what other way can you charge some one with statutory rape against a 14 year old, if they were 25 at the time?

(canada) theft under and possession of property obtained by crime [ 15 Answers ]

Hi I am 21 and I got caught stealing some dvds in walmart today. And I got caught and they called the cops and I am charged with theft under and possession of property obtained by crime. So the story is I also steal a dvd yesterday and that's y they have to call the cops and also the charge of...

Statue of Limitation [ 2 Answers ]

What is the statute of Limitation on a DUI charge in BC or Canada. I have a warrant out of my arrest in BC. I didn't even know about it until I was pulled over in Alberta. I was under the impression from the cop that I talked to on the phone that I had taken care of all of that mess. But then I...

Is it a crime to control press in Canada? [ 17 Answers ]

Friday » June 9 » 2006 Bilderberg-bound filmmaker held at airport Laura Payton Ottawa Citizen Thursday, June 08, 2006

View more questions Search