Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    constance Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Getting Freon out of a Freezer?
    We have an old deep freezer that we need to break apart in order to get it out of our basement. ( It still works but the lid is broken.) How can we get the freon out of the freezer so we can use a sawsall to cut it apart? Thanks for input.

constance
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2007, 07:55 PM
    You have to have someone with a freon recovery machine recover the freon and then give you a certificate that the freon has been recovered. Most people in this area charge around $75 for this if you bring the appliance to them. I am sure it would be more if they came to you.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 19, 2007, 08:23 PM
    The law is really sticky on that. Grit your teeth, check a few appliance repair places and go with your best deal. Note, with a certificate, scrap dealers pay well for the pieces.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freon capacity [ 9 Answers ]

How many pounds of freon does it take to charge a 3 ton unit? Thanks, Don

A/c freon pressures [ 5 Answers ]

My a/c unit is not cooling correctly,unit runs all night and cools somewhat,I belie=ve the pressure is low,what should be the readings on low & high side tubing.

Maytag Side-by-Side Freezer ice buildup on floor of freezer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a five year old Maytag side-by-side #MSD2754GR. I have had this problem for the last four years and have cleaned out the clogged drain plug each year myself. Seems that the ice buildup is coming somewhere else since water is not dripping down the back. Yes, it is humid and we are using...

Freon cap left off [ 11 Answers ]

I had a new heater installed this winter. There were two installers: one guy who did almost all of the work and another guy who spent most of the day outside talking on his cell phone. The cell phone dude was the working on the outside unit. We tried to test out our a/c today, and guess what?...

How much Freon [ 2 Answers ]

How much freon (R19) should be used to fill a home A/C unit. I need to replace the evaporator and must dischrage the system and refill it.

View more questions Search