Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ju14513 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2007, 04:54 AM
    12.5 HP Briggs & Stratten Lawn Mower Engine
    Hi-
    I have a strange problem with this engine. It starts and runs fine most of the time. But, every now and then it starts to smoke, lots of smoke out the muffler.
    The only way I can get it to stop is turn the engine off.
    It get into the carburetor through the Positive crankcase ventilator. I replaced the PCV valve but that did not correct the problem.
    Any Idea's
    Thanks, John
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

May 12, 2007, 10:31 PM
    Over full, or fuel leaking into the cranckase and causing it to overfill.

Don
    mitchline Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2012, 11:13 AM
    12.5 B&S lawn tractor motor is gradually losing power over the Summer mowing season, even with the mower deck removed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

20 hp Briggs and Stratton engine won't start -TroyBilt mower [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Troy Bilt riding mower and it won't start. The battery has been checked. I think it's the starter. Anyone know how to change the starter?

14hp briggs and stratten motor [ 3 Answers ]

Has two wires from under flywheel red and black and two other wires going behind the starter (not the starter wires) how do I use these wires to get this motor running?

Lawn Mower Cord Replacement - Briggs and Stratton [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace the cord of my MTD Machine/Briggs an Stration engine. After poping the cover guard off, there appears to be 4 screws holding in the enclosure containg the cord. The screws do not appear to be those that can be loosen with a flat, phillips screwdrivers or allen wrench. What...

Briggs&Stratten 16.5 hp [ 2 Answers ]

My MTD yard machine lawn tractor has a has a 16.5 hp Briggs and Stratton motor. Starts easily but will only run in the choke (start) position. Something simple to adjust?

Murray 12.5 Commercial Mower - Briggs Engine - Won't Start/Turn [ 3 Answers ]

So I'm mowing my back yard with my Murray lawn tractor. I brought it back to the garage and parked it, went inside to cool off, and when I went back out to put it back into the garage, it wouldn't start. I turned the key, and got nothing. The lights work, the battery is charged to 100%,...

View more questions Search