Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davever Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 01:38 PM
    Splicing 220V wiring
    I need to run a dedicated 220V line to a new Advantium microwave oven in a kitchen remodel. I have an existing 220V line that went to an electric cooktop that was replaced with a gas cooktop. Can I splice into the existing 220V line that did run to the old cooktop and extend that line in the crawl space under the floor a distance of approximately 12 feet to the new oven's location? Thank you.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

May 10, 2007, 03:18 PM
    Sure, just use the same size wire, be sure the breaker matches the circuit the microwave needs, splice the two cables in a junction box with wirenuts and cover the box. Leaving the box mounted under the cabinet will be fine, as long as the box does not get buried in the wall.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring a 220 volt clothes dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how I wire in a 220 volt clothes dryer. Thank you

Wiring 220V Single Phase 30 AMP car lift motor [ 5 Answers ]

Recently I perchased 9000 pounds 2 post car lift, and only after car lift has arrived I've found out that the requirements for the motor are 220VAC Single Phase 30 AMP 60 Hz. Can somebody please explain how to use this motor safely with the standard power outlet. Thank you.

Splicing 220 v [ 1 Answers ]

Can 220 v be spliced to make the wire longer in order to relocate the oven outlet?

220v 50a welder, 220v 30a dryer plug [ 1 Answers ]

I just got an arc welder that is 220v 50a. I thought I could plug it into the 220v receptacle in my garage, not realizing how many different types of 220v plugs and amperages there are. The receptacle in my garage turns out to be a 220v 30a dryer plug. My question is can I just change the...

220v wiring. [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I am wiring a vacuum pump for a vacuum-form table to a 220v. 3 wires coming of the wall - black and red (I assumed are hot) and white (neutral). I also have a vacuum switch (installed between the pump and the tank) and a main switch (to turn the table on and off). The pump wiring...

View more questions Search