Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bernetha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 01:07 PM
    Divorce property
    Will I be able to receive our home if my name is not on the mortgage in the case of a divorce.
    RetiredNavy Posts: 63, Reputation: 8

May 9, 2007, 01:11 PM
    I believe in most states, property bought during a marriage is split 50/50 the difference is other states is property bought before a marriage where the percentage changes. It does not matter to the name on the Deed unless there is a prenump

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disposition of Foreign Property from Divorce [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know the tax & legal implications for the following situation: 1)I am a US Citizen with residence in Italy 2)I am the sole-titled property owner of a piece of Italian real-estate 3)This property was granted to my ex-husband in a US Divorce over 1 year ago (3/05) 4)Under the...

Liens on divorce property [ 2 Answers ]

I have a real estate lien on a property in Oregon, from a divorce. If my ex-husband dies does the lien still stand? Also, how do I figure the interest rate on the $10,000 lien at 9% annum for 5 years? Thank you Debbie

Property settlement in divorce [ 1 Answers ]

My soon to be ex-husband wants his name of our house and my car, his name is first how do I do this?

Am I entitled any of the property value should we divorce [ 3 Answers ]

My husband inherited a house a year before we married. Since then we have added me onto the title and remortgaged the property. Am I entitled to any of it should we divorce?

View more questions Search