Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kdee Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 04:43 PM
    Running Romex 12/2 in crawl space
    Hello,

Due to lack of access in a part of my attic, I need run a cable for a bathroom outlet (GFCI) via the crawlspace. Can I just staple the ordinary Romex to the sides of the studs or do I need to run the Romex inside a conduit?

The crawlspace gets damp/wet during rainy months but since the Romex would be running along the joists it will never touch the bare ground.

I get different answers depending on who I ask.
    I'm in Northern California.

Thanks
    -kd
    strangeone Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

May 8, 2007, 04:46 PM
    Your best bet is to contact the City/County housing inspector usually the location where you get permits to do such work can also answer.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2007, 06:36 PM
    I would say you would be safe just securing it to the studs.
    BigRed1500 Posts: 70, Reputation: 8

May 8, 2007, 06:49 PM
    If you're going to run 12/2, why not use Romex that's rated for outdoor/wet areas? It's the gray colored 12/2.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crawl space [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! I'm from Ontario Canada. I bought a house last July, it's approx. 55 ft by 40 ft with a crawl space of 16 inches in height. There is 2 windows (screens) at each end of the 55 ft length and I was told by the owner to block the windows with styrofoam to keep it warm during the winter time so...

Crawl space insulation [ 2 Answers ]

I have an kitchen addition to my house that's about 2 years old. It is built over a 3.5' crawl space: vapor barrier & gravel floor, rigid blue board insulation on the interior of the foundation wall, batt insulation between the band boards. We have laminate flooring in the kitchen area and it...

Crawl space [ 2 Answers ]

Hello there... I've recently came upon a problem with condensation within the home (mini home). Each morning all the windows are really wet and the window sill is soaked! After going under the house I've noticed that things are pretty wet there too. Is there something you can get to...

Crawl space [ 1 Answers ]

I need help on how much lime I need for crawl space.:o :o

View more questions Search