Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mdwilson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Air in water line?
    We are experiencing a very LOUD noise when the hot water is turned on in the downstairs 1/2 bathroom sink. The noise sounds like it's vibrating the whole house. This only occurs in this bathroom... no other sink nor any bathtub... nor outside faucet.

We are on city water.

The faucet is one of those single knob fixtures not separate knobs for hot/cold.

This does not happen as soon as the knob is turned on for Hot, but a few seconds after the warmer water starts coming out. There is no sputtering of the water... just a horrendous noise.

Please help... driving us nuts!

Thanks in advance,
    Billy
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2007, 07:25 PM
    If you have cutoff valves under this bathroom sink try turning off the hot water side and then open the faucet to see if you get the noise. Then do the same with the cold water and see if the hot make a noise. If either of them do then you probably have a problem with a washer on one of the cutoffs under the sink, it will be the one that rattled when the other one was off. Or it is possible it is a part in the faucet itself that is vibrating that causes the noise. Replace what you can and see it it stops the noise. Let me know if this advise helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air in water line? [ 12 Answers ]

After having our gas hot water tank replaced, when we turn off the water it makes a lilttle banging noise, is there air in line, and how to drain air from line? Thanks, mh

Air in water line. [ 4 Answers ]

On a daily basis I experience a burst of air and water from my faucets, sinks, shower etc. The burst last for a couple of seconds, then the water flows normally. I have heard that having a water softner could cause this problem. I have a water softner. What can I do to determine if the softner...

Is air in water line possible? Leak in kitchen [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, my problem is two-fold... first off, for the past few weeks the toilet in my master bath just runs and runs after you flush it UNTIL you turn on the water in a sink, just a quick on & off at just about any sink makes it stop and it's ONLY this one toilet. Second, and more major, problem is...

Air in water line [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to remove air from a water line from a reservoir to the house.

Air in water line? [ 0 Answers ]

I am the same person with the broken toilet flanges... In the last couple of days we have noticed a problem when we turn on a faucet, or shower, the water has a burst of pressure, sounds like a rush of air mixed with the water. It last for a couple of seconds and then the water flows normally....

View more questions Search