Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    3Scorpios Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 02:26 PM
    Is air in water line possible? Leak in kitchen
    Okay, my problem is two-fold... first off, for the past few weeks the toilet in my master bath just runs and runs after you flush it UNTIL you turn on the water in a sink, just a quick on & off at just about any sink makes it stop and it's ONLY this one toilet.

Second, and more major, problem is today noticed water under my kitchen sink. I live in fairly new construction (not quite 3 years) and we've always had a problem with a lot of 'noisey' pipes and when the water drains from the laundry room it will sometimes back into the left of my kitchen sink (the side with the disposal). That has happened since we moved in. Anyway, I discovered the water is coming off the hose that connects to the water squirter/sprayer. A quick on & off with the water at the sink and it quit. I thought (hoped!) that was it... but just a few minutes ago my daughter came running that there was a leak... sure enough same thing, under the sink, but this time POURING out. Again, it seems to be coming off the hose attached to the sprayer, but at this time no water was on, the dishwasher was not running but the washing machine was emptying. I quickly turned the kitchen sink on & off and the leak stopped. Just like that.

Sooooooooooooo... what IS this?! Air in hose? Is that possible? WHAT is going on? It's like the house plumbing is possessed! LOL! HELP ME PLEASE! :o

Mommy to triplets
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 24, 2007, 10:24 AM
    "for the past few weeks the toilet in my master bath just runs and runs after you flush it UNTIL you turn on the water in a sink, just a quick on & off at just about any sink makes it stop and it's ONLY this one toilet."

Pull the lid and check the water level in the tank. It should be 1/2"under the white overflow tube when the tank's filled. If the ballcock hangs up and doesn't shut off try working the float ball rod up and down to free it up. If that don't get it then replace the ballcock.

Your second complaint doesn't make much sense to me. The sprayer's pressurized every time the faucet's used. If there was a problem with the hose or any of its connections you would have a flood every time you turned the faucet on. You say it's coming OFF the hose. I want to know where the leak's coming OUT of, not OFF from. Regaqrds, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air Lock in Water Line to Toilet [ 5 Answers ]

I had to drain water from the house last night to fix a minor leak in a cold water line. Now, one of my toilets will not fill after it is flushed. It appears that there is an air lock in the line. How do I fix this?

Refrigerator water line leak [ 9 Answers ]

I have a GE Profile refrigerator model TFH30PR that developed a leak. The water line within the refrigerator that leads to the water dispenser developed a crack at the very beginning where it was connected to the inlet line I presume after a dual solenoid valve. I cut the cracked tubing off and...

Air in water line [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to remove air from a water line from a reservoir to the house.

Air in kitchen sink line - occasional hammering [ 3 Answers ]

I am helping someone with this problem and have only had it described to me, along with a layout of the house. A one story, concrete slab house, five years old is experiencing the problem. Infrequently when the kitchen faucet is turned on there is air discharge and hammering from both the cold...

Air in water line? [ 0 Answers ]

I am the same person with the broken toilet flanges... In the last couple of days we have noticed a problem when we turn on a faucet, or shower, the water has a burst of pressure, sounds like a rush of air mixed with the water. It last for a couple of seconds and then the water flows normally....

View more questions Search