Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TNHillbilly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2007, 04:52 PM
    Govenor Spring Replacement on B&S 6.0hp
    I have a GENERAC 2300psi home pressure washer with a B&S 6.0hp engine (INTEK 190) and it surges under a load. I sent it to a repair shop and they claimed they couldn't get the Govenor Spring, long story short I got the spring for that engine, now my problem is, what setting do I put the spring back in? I've tried about 3 to 4 different holes and none seem to be the right combination, anybody help me on this? Thanks in advance!:o
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Apr 27, 2007, 09:17 PM
    A surge would not be from a governor spring. Try a partial block of the intake and see if it smooths out. If it does you have a fuel issue. It could also be an anti surge spring it would just hold the governor arm snug against the throttle plate link.
    Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane heat&air thermostat replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing the thermostat to a trane heat&air home unit and I need to know what the different colrs of wiring relate to on a replacement thermostat brand name hunter bought from Lowe's home improvement store. Thank you for assistance.

Spring lawncare [ 2 Answers ]

I have about 1 acre of mowable lawn. I have used a lawn service before but want to make a go of it myself... I have some weeds (mostly clover). Using a walk behind spreader what kind of fertilizer will work best in the spring?

Govenor [ 2 Answers ]

How do you set or adjust the govenor? 16 hp briggs lope (or surges)

View more questions Search