Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shiver Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 09:05 AM
    Apple computers
    I am really weak with computers.. I don't know so much about it but my laptop which I use right now is really old and want to buy a new one and I want to buy a Mac apple. Laptop. But I have never used it. So I don't know how hard it will be to download normal things.. how had it will be to start working with it. I have to work online all the time. So please tell me what should I do .:rolleyes: How hard is it to find the right programmes for that !
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2007, 09:08 AM
    Macs are very similar to the functions you will find in PCs. I find them somewhat easier to work on. The newer Operating systems are very similar to the New Microsoft Vista. But keep in mind that you will be paying almost double the price for a Mac as you would for a PC with similar options... I use Macs for my design, but anything else I use a PC for.
    shiver Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Well what's the sense of buying the apple computers then? Are they more reliable or are they? Safer? Or just looks good. I am really confused. Yeah they are really expensive. People tell me , what should I do. I really would like to have one of them but I am not sure if I will have problems finding the right programs.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2007, 10:03 AM
    The macs are the best thing to use if you are working on graphics, design, video editing etc... that is why they are so expensive. They fit a niche and they are the best in that niche. PCs don't come close, but as for using a computer for your every day run of the mill type work, a PC is in your best interest. What programs are you going to want to run?
    gazelleintense Posts: 175, Reputation: 13

May 3, 2007, 04:03 AM
    I've used macs 17 years. They are easier to use than PC's, and have less problems... yes they cost a bit more, but you are buying a top quality product.
    Caturner13 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 09:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shiver
    I am really weak with computers.. I dont know so much about it but my laptop which i use right now is really old and want to buy a new one and i wanna buy a Mac apple. laptop. but i have never used it. so i dont know how hard it will be to download normal things..how had it will be to start workin with it. I have to work online all the time. so please tell me what should i do .:rolleyes: How hard is it to find the right programmes for that !
    Macs are the simplest computers to use, at least for me but I guess it is all on how you think I think more like an apple that a PC so it was much easier to figure out. As far as downloading programs macbook can support most windows programs and mac makes great programs for their computers so you should not have any problems

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Apple pie [ 4 Answers ]

How do u keep the bottom crust from getting to soft?

Apple or not? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a customer that wants a desktop to use primarily for video editing and production. What are your thoughts on an Apple vs an AMD 64 based one?

Apple trees [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to get information about rehabing apple trees. The tree's belong to a friend. There are two. For several years the tree's have produced fruit that is knarly And not really edable. They are badly thatched and need Pruned. I have read several articles on pruning them but I...

View more questions Search