Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emgrace Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 06:22 PM
    According to Ohio plumbing code, can a valve be installed to shut off a thermal expan
    I have been told on a number of occasions that you can not place a shutoff valve in front of a thermal expansion tank on a hot water heater. However I cannot find that specified in the 2005 code. If you know where that is stated in the code could you please give reference number. Thank you
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2007, 08:21 PM
    You aren't going to find this in a code book -- This is an Addendum to the code added by the local authority.

And it makes perfect sense if you think about it from the inspectors point of view.

The reasoning behind the Addendum is to prevent someone, in most cases the homeowner who is ignorant of such things, from circumventing the safety features installed on their system.

You should be able to obtain a copy of addendums made to the code adopted in your area (for a nominal fee, of course) from your local building department.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

400C fill valve installed but toilet is running [ 13 Answers ]

Hello. I recently installed a Fluidmaster 400C valve into my toilet. The toilet will periodically run or sound as if it is filling with water. I have tried adjusting the fill valve and the float cup but nothing seems to be working. Can anyone provide me with any insight as to how to stop...

PC randomly shut down due to thermal problem [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, My PC will randonly shut down once in a while since few months ago. Recently the situation getting serious. The PC shut down not less than 5 times in 3 days. The PC just shut down without any warning and when I boots it again, the cpu will make some "siren-like" noise for few seconds....

Re-plumbing a pre-hung door (already installed) [ 2 Answers ]

Several months ago I had a handyman replace a pre-hung entry door leading out to our deck. Last night I noticed a small water stain on the subfloor under one of the pieces of interior casing. I had to remove the casing to find the leak (latch side), and discovered there isn’t anything securing...

Shut off valve not working! [ 34 Answers ]

Hi: I am trying to fix a leaky compression faucet. I have turned off the shut off valve for the cold water under the sink so the when the handle for the cold water of the compression faucet is turned, there is no water as expected. However, even if I turn off the shut off valve for the hot...

Where's toilet shut off valve? [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot find a valve to shut off my constantly running toilet, till the plumber can arrive. Every other place I've lived has had a separate shutoff valve for each toilet, sink, etc. I've looked in, under & around the back of the tank, but there is no valve on the pipe in the bathroom. I've also...

View more questions Search