Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bharrison Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2007, 09:30 PM
    Friend is wanting to sign rights over to me.
    OK, here is the problem, I have had this child for 1 year on the 26th of this month, the mother has made no contact with the child. Well now the Division of family and children step in and are trying to terminate her parental rights so another family can adopt him.. . Yea I know crazy huh? Well my question is how can she sign over her rights to the child to me . She is over 1,300 miles away and has no way of getting here nor do I getting there. Oh and yea , I have to do this on my own because I can not afford a attorney. HELP!!
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2007, 04:00 PM
    bharrison, what state are you in? What state is she in? Which state family services division is involved?

If you can provide that information, we might be able to give you some guidance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 15, 2007, 05:28 PM
    The div of family service will have to contact both mother and father to allow them to sign over the rights.

Without an attorney there is little you can personal do except contact the Dept of Family and Child Services and see if you can quality with them to adopt.

Also where and who has the child now?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I sign my rights off? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I have to 2 kids in Pa and I don't get to see them and they have a new mother now... I'm paying child support for them I don't know why I should pay I don't talk to them or see them Please tell me how!!

How do I sign my rights away? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a three year old daughter that lives in Kentucky with her mother, and I currently am married to another woman whom I have two children with and we reside in Florida. I am not allowed to see my child in Kentucky because her mother won't let me. I would like to give up my rights to her, what...

Wanting to give up parental rights [ 14 Answers ]

My friend is going through a nasty divorce. His kids are not wanting to speak to him and his wife is making his life hell. He's fought for 3 years to get his kids and the kids don't want anything to do with him. He is near a mental break down and is just wanting to give up and have everything...

Can he sign over rights? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 22 years old and live in California and recently found out that I am pregnant. I am happy but my ex boyfriend is not. He is in the army and feels this baby and I will ruin his military career. He feels I am only keeping this baby so I can receive the benefits from the Army. He wants to sign...

Getting Him To Sign His Rights Over [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out how I go about getting my ex to sign his rights over and whether I can have him forced to sign them. My ex husband is a danger to my children and I have had to have two protection orders filed against him and five warrants for harassment and I just filed another for...

View more questions Search