Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shelly24 Posts: 7, Reputation: 4

Apr 14, 2007, 03:42 PM
    What happened?
    Please help me and not put me down. I am already there. Our 15 yr. old daughter has been lying so much and become untrusting in the last 6 months. She lies and tells people we beat her daily and she has two children, etc. These are not little white lies here. She now says she is a lesbian (which does not effect me). She started running away with this other girl. Things got so bad that she said she did not want to live with us and would rather be in foster care or such. We finally came to send her away to live with a relative who has been there and done this with their teens. They are on the good side of it now. Have we lost our daughter? We tried counseling and all she did was lie to her. Other things have happened in her life, is this now coming into light with her? Please help. I am always on the ferge of tears. Did we do the right thing for her to sent her away?? :(
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Yes, you did the right thing to place your daughter with a relative. If, for no other reason, for your own sanity. I do not know why your daughter manufactures lies and such destructive ones. Now you and your husband should get into counseling for your ownselves. You need to have someone impartial listen to all this and then help you see how this may have developed and the steps you both can take to get emotionally healthy.

I would ask if you both have seen your doctor for a complete physical? You may think that sounds silly but with all the stress and tension, your body has gone through many changes. Make sure you are physically healthy. You mentioned being on the verge of tears - that is quite normal for what you have been going through. If that continues though, ask your doctor about signs of depression. That is common, believe me, for all you have gone through.

Is your daughter doing well now? Has she continued with the lies? Or is she on her best behavior? I really hope she receives help too. You all deserve a good and happy life.
    Shelly24 Posts: 7, Reputation: 4

Apr 14, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Well, she is still lying, a little. She is giving them respect and doing her chores and such. She is going to school. Which she was cutting classes here. She is in a small town verses a big city here. She did run once, but accepted her punishment. As for us, we do feel a sense of some relief. We do not have too worry all the time as to where she is and what she doing. I have been on anti-deppresants for a few years now. This situation did not help at all. We just don't know what turned her so fast. We had some family disruptions over the years. I guess maybe they were working on her on the inside. We just don't know how it effects our children, do we. We are hoping by sending her away now, that we can help her early instead of not knowing what the future held. We still feel like the worst parents ever. I might add that when we told her that she was going, she was more than willing to go. Of course the other options was going to juvinile detention.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2007, 08:02 PM
    I still think you did the right thing - for everyone. You use this time to gather yourself together and look at what all has happened and, like you said, how it all affected the rest of your family. Then take action. Make sure you see your doctor about the anti depressants - find out if they are still working the way they should.

I am glad your daughter is responding well with the changes. It is better this way than ending up in juvenile detention. Hopefully she can set herself straight and stay that way.

Praying for the best outcomes for you all. Take care.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2007, 08:04 PM
    I agree, I think you did the right thing as well. Distance and being removed from a situation should help.

Joe
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 14, 2007, 08:36 PM
    I mean teenage girls are sometimes insane. I know. Give her a few years and stop beating her (just kidding). But you will be amazed at the diff 5 years will make. Umm, better make that 5 to 10.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could it have happened? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I've recently started taking YAZ, a birth control pill, and here lately I've noticed an outrageous increase in vaginal discharge. Not to be gross but when I wipe it just kind of drips a bunch of mucus and its really stretchy. I've only missed one dose and had intercourse during that time. Plus...

Whatever Happened to... [ 4 Answers ]

There was a shortlived series called What Really Happened to the Class of '65? which aired in 1977 or 1978. One episode concerns a charcter named (I think I rember this) Cindy Kaye, who was an aspiring singer. In the show, she sang a really beautiful song called "I Need You in My Plans". Does...

Has this happened to anyone? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a 24 yr old female and I had unprotected sex on Wednesday 4th 2007 and I was becoming fertile on Friday 6th 2007 and was ovulating on 9th April 2007. Has this happened to anyone else and had gotten pregnant on a unfertile day? My cycle is thirty five days. I have been off the pill for nine...

What happened? [ 4 Answers ]

What happened to Valinorsorrow?

Not sure what happened [ 21 Answers ]

I was to met a friend of mine out on Wed night to work on some stuff for him on my laptop. I smoke and he doesn't so I asked him to get us a table while I stayed outside to smoke. After a couple of minutes he came back out and said that he wanted to just go home and do the work some other time. ...

View more questions Search