Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alls 11 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2007, 11:51 PM
    Very Low Sex Drive
    My husband and I have been married for 5 years, have 2 awesome kids, and live a very stressed out life. I never want sex anymore, and my husband wants it all the time ( of course) We used to do it all the time, and he would even have to turn me down sometimes. Now I have to force myself to do it even if it is only once a month. I love my husband, and find him very attractive, but I just don't want sex. It is really affecting our marriage, I am starting to worry that if I don't fix this problem it will ruin our marriage. Any suggestions on how to get my sex drive back.
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 14, 2007, 07:18 AM
    Do you exercise?

Apr 14, 2007, 08:09 PM
    Only a couple times a week, I don't have time for much more than that.
    Why? Does that have an effect on it?:confused:
    miss manners Posts: 12, Reputation: 5

Apr 14, 2007, 08:26 PM
    Two children is enough to decrease any caregiver's sex drive. First thing, reign in your stressful lifestyle. I know that if I don't get some time alone from people demanding things of me, and have the option to engage in my own hobbies from time to time, sex becomes an obligation. Think about what you could cut back on to permit more quality time with your husband and children (you'd be amazed what we can omit by concentrating on what's truly important).

Secondly, make a bargain with your husband to take over the responsibilities for an evening, or an hour here & there, to fit in a certain amount of "me" time per week. Do this in exchange for dates with him (whether the dates are dinner + romance afterwards, or just romance). Convince him to set up the bedroom in whatever way turns you on--candles, a massage, even picture of Chippendales. Couples who don't have sex DO split up; imagine how much more hectic your life will be then.

Apr 15, 2007, 08:28 AM
    Yes... excercise absolutely has an affect on your sex drive. My baby is 18 months and I am 31 years old and after he was born I had noooo desire for sex. I got an eliptical and I get on it at least 20 min every day(it is really hard at first-started out at 5 min) but let me tell you I want sex now and I know it is from my excercising. I also have forced myself to drink nothing but water or plain tea with honey and cinnamon. This gives you energy and that very well may be your problem. Excercising gets your blood flowing down there. Try it!! :)

Apr 15, 2007, 08:29 AM
    Of course we all know it can be difficult when you have kids. How old are they?

Apr 15, 2007, 08:31 AM
    Sorry-more ideas. Do you wear lingere? I feel soooo sexy when I where lingere and my fiancé loves loves loves it too.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2007, 10:18 AM
    With 2 kids and a stressed life - romance seems to be the first thing put on the back burner. Try to have date nights twice a month. It will make a difference. And I know making time for something new in an already packed day is challenging, but you obviously want to make a change - so I think you can do it.
    Good Luck

Apr 15, 2007, 12:50 PM
    Thank you all so much! These are all great suggestions. I will try to work out at least for a few minutes every day I think that would be good for me anyway.
    My kids are 3, and 9 months, so they take a lot of my time and attention. The date nights are a good idea too, just being away from the kids and being able to talk to each other with out inturuptions will be nice. I hope that I can take all of your suggestions and make them work for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wife's low sex drive [ 22 Answers ]

I am 27 years old. My wife is 26. We have two great children ages 6 and 7 1/2 (yes we started early). In April, we will have been married 7 years. Now, I know people's sex drives drop off quite a bit but at this point I am lucky if we have sex once a month. We used to be very adventurous. ...

Low sex drive and I'm only 19. [ 5 Answers ]

Im only 19 years old and Ive been with my fiancé for 4 yrs now we have a son together and I just hate my sex life my drive is really low and I have never had an orgasm. I feel like I this like sex even though when we do do it I enjoy it I just hate the beginning process it hurts when he puts it in...

Low sex drive [ 2 Answers ]

I am 34 and have been with my boyfriend for 4 yrs - the first 2 years our sex life was great but since then I have had zero sex drive and pain during sex. I am not on any meds, do not have children and do not have a high stress life - I love my boyfriend but just do not have any interest in having...

Sex drive... [ 5 Answers ]

THIS IS WHAT I NEED TO KNOW... can taking birth control lower your sex drive? My girl uses this excuse for not wanting tohave sex with me! is it true?? Help

Low sex drive - please help! [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my fiancé started having GREAT sex, very often! But now he does not want to have sex unless I "beg". He says, and I quote - "I just want to cuddle, and hold you. You just want to get laid." History - He is 38, I am 31. I am his first real Love, all his other women have been just sex...

View more questions Search