Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelasjy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2016, 02:50 PM
    Can I claim US-China Treaty every year?
    Can I claim US-China Treaty every year?
    I already claimed 5000 in 2014. Can I do it again this year?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 13, 2016, 05:56 PM
    Yes, it is a yearly treaty exemption.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where to claim my US-China Tax Treaty [ 5 Answers ]

I'm a F1 student from China, I was on OPT and CPT in the year of 2009. 2009 is my fourth year in US. The US-China Tax Treaty says that the first $5,000 income is exempted from income tax. Where can I claim this? There is no place on Form 1040NR to put this $5,000 to decrease my taxable income....

Resident Alien claim China-US tax treaty benefits? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am a citizen of People's Republic of China and currently studying in the states as a F1 student. This is my sixth year in the states. I just recently married to an American citizen. We filed my green card application in early June, 2007. We are expecting to adjust my status to permanent...

How to claim tax treaty when change of status NR/Resident occurred during the year? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a French postdoc that arrived in the US in Nov 2007. Until Nov 2009 I was under the tax treaty exemption meaning that my University started to withhold taxes in Nov 2009 (my FICA and medical taxes started in Jan 2009). I am wondering how to fill my tax return since I want to claim...

1099 misc others & US-China tax treaty claim in 1040 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1099 misc form because I received a fellowship in the last year. The amount of the fellowship is filled in box 3 other income in 1099 misc. Since I am holding F-1 visa for more than 5 years, I need to file 1040 form. I also want to claim the US-China tax treaty. I just realized that 1099...

Tax treaty with China [ 3 Answers ]

I am a financial advisor. I have friends who are residents of China that would like to invest in mutual funds, real estate, and annuities here in the United States. They are Chinese citizens - no social security number. Can this be done and is there a 30% backup withholding rate for any gains? Or...

View more questions Search