Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LostandHoldingOn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Should I keep hope or just move on?
    My boyfriend and I had been dating for 7 months. I know that's not very long but we we're perfect for each other and very in love. He's 41 and I'm 22. We had normal silly couple fights once in a while but nothing serious. Well, he broke up with me Monday almost out of the blue. We had gotten in a fight Friday night. He was going out of town that weekend so we decided to just take a few days apart so he could think about things. He said he loves me very much and loves so many things about me but he doesn't know if he's in love with me. He doesn't even know if he's ever been in love or what love is. He also had family issues as a child that he's still dealing with. He said there's always the same cycle in his relationships. He starts getting distant and working all the time and his girlfriend at the time either leaves him or cheats on him. He said he's only broken up with two women. His ex-wife and me. He's starting to go to counseling/therapy whatever you want to call it, which is great! He obviously needs to figure out how to be happy. He said he cares about me too much to bring me into the middle of this and that it would just get ugly if we stayed together right now, that's why he ended it now. So at least, if anything, we can be friends. His exact words to me were, I don't expect you to wait around for me. I can't say we'll be together after this and I can't say that we won't. Whatever is meant to be will be. I love him so much and know that we could be happy and have an amazing life together. Should I keep the hope that we'll someday get back together? Or do all I can to just forget that idea?
    hurricane Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LostandHoldingOn
    My boyfriend and I had been dating for 7 months. I know that's not very long but we we're perfect for eachother and very in love. He's 41 and I'm 22. We had normal silly couple fights once in a while but nothing serious. Well, he broke up with me Monday almost out of the blue. We had gotten in a fight friday night. He was going out of town that weekend so we decided to just take a few days apart so he could think about things. He said he loves me very much and loves so many things about me but he doesn't know if he's in love with me. He doesn't even know if he's ever been in love or what love is. He also had family issues as a child that he's still dealing with. He said there's always the same cycle in his relationships. He starts getting distant and working all the time and his girlfriend at the time either leaves him or cheats on him. He said he's only broken up with two women. His ex-wife and me. He's starting to go to counseling/therapy whatever you want to call it, which is great! He obviously needs to figure out how to be happy. He said he cares about me too much to bring me into the middle of this and that it would just get ugly if we stayed together right now, that's why he ended it now. So at least, if anything, we can be friends. His exact words to me were, I don't expect you to wait around for me. I can't say we'll be together after this and I can't say that we won't. Whatever is meant to be will be. I love him so much and know that we could be happy and have an amazing life together. Should I keep the hope that we'll someday get back together? Or do all I can to just forget that idea?
    I know it's hard, but the best chance you have right now of keeping him, is not to have ANY contact - don't return his calls, etc, and do NOT contact him. That way, if he is messing you around you'll know. But, he might being honest, but you are a prize worth having, that he has to decide if he wants - if not, he'll lose you. He has to see it like that, so, behave like you're valuable and be distant, even if you feel like you're dying.
    whiteladybug2002 Posts: 235, Reputation: 36

Apr 12, 2007, 12:58 PM
    Move on! There are more popsicles in the box!
    Spiker2008 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2008, 02:51 AM
    Time has passed, and I'm sure you came to a good conclusion... which is leave the guy. It's obvious he played the old... confused victim role on you. It's pretty simple... how MAN thinks... If we break up now... I can cheat on you while I'm away, then get back with you when I return. Heh Heh... I used to love doing that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there hope? [ 5 Answers ]

Well I don't know where too start. Me and my EX GF met around December after 3days of knowing her we were dating we both was so much in love and close the first 2months was great but then because I got bad past experiances in relationships I'm sweet guy treat a girl good and gentleman and it is...

Is there any hope for us? [ 1 Answers ]

After my boyfriend broke up with me 7 months ago I decided to use it as a learning curve and became a new confidant person. Im exercising, trying new thing, change my look every now and again and am even looking into starting my own business. Which is all great because I feel like my own person...

Do I have any hope? [ 6 Answers ]

hi everyone, I'm new to this site, so it would be very sweet of you guys to help me =) well basically, I've been with this guy in a serious relationship for one year and a month. And we did everything together. We've been through the best and worst of times. In October of 2006, he broke up with...

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

View more questions Search