Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Harvfishismuch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 05:19 PM
    Problems with my clutch
    I am hearing what seems to be my throw out bearing and the transmission is hard to put in gear. Could it be the throw out bearing or the slave cylinder? Or the throw out bearing holder?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2007, 07:49 PM
    I'll take a stab at it. It seems as though the clutch fork is not releasing all the way and wearing out the T/O bearing. Could be the slave, but most cf these common problems lie within the bellhousing. What's the condition of the fluid? Very dark and old fluid causes common failure.
    What vehicle is it?
    carnut Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Agree with the above posts. When was the last time you change your clutch? Try to check everything first. Then give us an update. I've also experience prob before, it was my vw clutch needs a replacement. After the said replacement, no problem encountered.. so good luck, hope you'll able to fix it soon..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clutch Interlock [ 1 Answers ]

The ignition switch on my 2000 Ford Focus would not turn. I had to have it replaced. One year later it is periodically having the same problem, but I keep a very small hammer in the car, and all it takes is a couple of taps on the key for me to be able to turn the key. BUT... now it seems that...

88 honda accord clutch [ 1 Answers ]

My accord has a fairly new clutch, less than one year, but when starting, I can't get the clutch to fully engage, either to get out, or into gear. When in gear with the clutch in, the car will still lurch as if the clutch has been dropped. When in neutral, the clutch won't engage to get into gear!

View more questions Search