Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madeline0893 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2015, 05:18 AM
    Should I ever forgive myself?
    For messing up at work, about a year ago.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 2, 2015, 06:29 AM
    I doubt it. It depends on when they do inventory. That depends on their fiscal year.

I would like to suggest that you drop the word 'accidentally' from your description. A pencil is an accident. $500 worth of clothing doesn't fall into your bag. No wonder your guilt is so deep. You are lying to yourself!
    After you tell yourself the truth with no excuses, save $250 cash and go back and find the store manager, and hand it to her or him with a one line explanation, and walk out.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 2, 2015, 06:31 AM
    I don't buy the "accidentally" part... neither will anyone else. I've worked in retail before and the employees personal property is never mingled with merchandise for sale. But with that said. It is possible they could, and they would be well within any statute of limitations. All they would need is evidence of the act and the willingness to do what it takes to prosecute.

So in short, Yes they can, but it becomes less and less likely they will.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 2, 2015, 06:52 PM
    Sorry I do not believe the "accidental" part, but OK, It will depend on where you are at.
    If this is in the US, and it appears to fall under a misdemeanor, it will depend on the actual charges, and the SOL, of the crime. Most will have a one year SOL, while a 3 year SOL could be possible.

But honestly, it would be rare, if they looked back and caught you after one year.

May 3, 2015, 12:01 AM
    For messing up at work, about a year ago
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 3, 2015, 02:35 AM
    You didn't get caught. This time.

You didn't "accidentally" steal anything. You did it on purpose, you know it, but you are making excuses for your bad behavior. Until you own up, and accept, what you did was wrong, the behavior will continue. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but the temptation will always be there.

What at bothers me is that you show no remorse for what you did. You don't feel bad for what you did, you are only concerned about being caught.

You appear to be an adult. You are responsible for your actions. There are consequences to everything you do. Accept that accordingly and live life without looking over your shoulder, or continue down the path of a common thief.

You didn't get caught this time, but next time you will.

May 3, 2015, 03:56 AM
    For messing up at work, about a year ago
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 3, 2015, 04:38 AM
    So you edited out most of your story, and now just say the same little sentence 3 times. We don't know who you are. Better to face the music here than in person. Mainly what you have to do is learn life's biggest lesson: we are responsible for our actions. In one of the responses you edited, you admitted that you were wrong for calling that much theft an accident. Keep working on that. You aren't the first or the last. Instead of wallowing in guilt, change your life.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2015, 06:01 AM
    Closed, OP appears not to want to know or talk about the issue

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I stole a €1 chocolate bar and got caught [ 6 Answers ]

I was in aldi in Ireland ( where I'm from ) and me and my friend thaught it would be good to steal a bar , I ended up In the office and Garda were called I gave a fake last name , fake numbers and a fake address but they know my school what will happen!

I stole from work and haven't been caught yet HELP [ 7 Answers ]

I stole less than $350 from work over a period of 2 months. I haven't stolen anything else in the last 5 months and don't plan to. The guilt of doing this is literally eating away at me. I've never done anything like this before. They haven't discovered this yet but it's possible that they will...

I recently caught my 7 year old daughter and my 3 year old son "making out" [ 1 Answers ]

I asked 100 questions about what they were doing and where they seen it or heard about it and everyone just kept saying I don't know. I'm not sure who's idea it was or where the idea came from but I'm very concerened. I know they are not victims of abuse because they love school and the only people...

I stole from my work, was charged with theft under $5000. Can't return the stuff? [ 4 Answers ]

I took around $100 for the 8 months I was employed. I have a court hearing date and a fingerprint date in march.. I want to return the stuff, I really do. I feel terrible. My manager said that she'll notify me when everything settles down. Its been a week, and she still hasn't notified me. I plan...

Accidentally shorted alternator my lights work charge light comes on but truck won't st [ 2 Answers ]

Accidentally shorted my alternator my lights work charge light comes on truck won't start now what?

View more questions Search