Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kittymolly123 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2015, 10:10 PM
    What age is OK to kiss?
    I'm 13 and have never had my first kiss. I just wanted to know what age it is OK to kiss.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 13, 2015, 10:28 PM
    You are too young. Considering your "boyfriend" is 16, it could get him in legal trouble.

Apr 13, 2015, 11:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    You are too young. Considering your "boyfriend" is 16, it could get him in legal trouble.
    As far as I know, kissing isn't illegal.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 13, 2015, 11:35 PM
    It's a form of sexual activity. He could be arrested depending on the laws of consent in your location.

Apr 13, 2015, 11:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    It's a form of sexual activity. He could be arrested depending on the laws of consent in your location.
    In new zealand, kissing and hugging isn't illegal or stated as sexual activity.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2015, 01:19 AM
    Sorry, the issue will be who is kissing who? And how.

A romantic kiss from a older person on a child 13 is illegal for the older person.

Also of course unless parents and guardians OK it, it can very well be issues there also.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 14, 2015, 03:58 AM
    It's okay when your parents or guardians say it's okay. Legal doesn't matter for a 13 year old. For kids your age doing things behind your parents backs gets you in trouble, and maybe the one you are kissing on, so make sure you know how your parents feel about YOU kissing anyone before you just do it.

When you are just 13, your parents are the law and should be obeyed, or there can be trouble for you. When in doubt you better ask first.

If you get caught kissing some boy do you think you can use the excuse that its not illegal? Think again. Now that you know your parents make the LAW, go ask them when it's okay to kiss someone else.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 14, 2015, 07:46 AM
    When your parents say it's OK
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 14, 2015, 08:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kittymolly123 View Post
    I'm 13 and have never had my first kiss. I just wanted to know what age it is OK to kiss.
    Ok, this shows, again, how you are not ready to date.

Quote Originally Posted by kittymolly123 View Post
    In new zealand, kissing and hugging isn't illegal or stated as sexual activity.
    Really? Have you read the laws on age of consent in NZ? In fact, the age of consent in NZ is 16 and while there is a close in age exception it is only 2 years, so your 16 year old boyfriend can get in trouble.

By the way, in checking this, I found an article that refers to the "high rate of teenage pregnancies" in NZ. So apparently NZ teens do think about sex to a great degree.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2015, 01:03 PM
    Show me parents that are okay with a 13 year old going out or kissing a 16 year old and I'll show you two people who need parenting classes. Just because they brought you into this world doesn't make them responsible parents.

Show me a 16 year old that wants to date or kiss a 13 year old and I'll show you a very immature kid. I would have been embarrassed to be seen with a 13 year old when I was 16.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

If I kiss a boy to shut him up, do you think he will proceed the kiss or push me off [ 3 Answers ]

Let's say my boyfriend keeps talk and talk to annoys me purposely, then I kiss him to shut him up. Or maybe we're having an argument over something petty and I'm losing, I kiss him up to shut him up. Proceed or no ?

What age should you have your firsk kiss at? [ 1 Answers ]

I am ten and I have had milliond but I was wondering what is the RIGHT age?

A boy said he would kiss me but not as his next kiss. What does this mean? [ 6 Answers ]

I was talking to this guy over Facebook chat and we got into this conversation where we were just asking each other questions about love life and being totally honest with each other. He asked me who I would want to kiss in our year. After a load of ermms and hmms I said him. Then I asked whether...

Eskimo kiss and forehead kiss [ 2 Answers ]

Not sure if this question should be in this forum or in relationship Anyway, just out of curiosity, what can frequent eskimo kissing and forehead kissing in a relationship tell about the significant others who initiate it and the relationship itself? I know that just a couple of physical...

View more questions Search