Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    k5lvin Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 03:01 AM
    Black hair to - light brown (first time)
    Hello, I'm new here. And I have read a lot of hair dyein questions. But most of them don't suit me because it wasn't their FIRST time dyein their hair.

Question: What product can you recommend me to dye my hair from black to light brown WITHOUT bleach or anything. Just to use the dye. Because bleach will kill my hair. And I'm doing this myself at home so yeah.

Note: First time dyein it. No bleach. I am male if it makes any difference. I live in australia therefore can only buy certain products such as Loreal and Clairol.

Thanks in advance.

P.S I noticed their was numbers on each shade of blonde so can you please help me by quotin a specific number or something. Thanks.
    wagsthedog Posts: 34, Reputation: 4

Apr 9, 2007, 05:52 AM
    Hey there... u cannot lighten your hair without using a bleaching agent of some description. A few hair dyes will contain a certain amount peroxide etc to gently lighten a few shades, check the box! There is a member to this site, PrettyLady, who can prob answer with more correct terminology. I too live in australia and have used such products if I d.i.y (will have to find out names/# as I change often!) My sister is a hairdresser & I don't normally do much w/out her advice... dark to light can be touchy:) Maybe ask at Price Attack or similar (somewhere that sells and services) Ask your hairdresser too, its always best! They can give you advice w/out having to follow through...

Apr 10, 2007, 05:05 PM
    I know I would go to the salon if it was worth it. Its $50 to do it at salon, around $13 to do it myself. I think if something goes wron I can just dye it black again witihout the cost of it at the salon. So can anyone please give me any advice
    wagsthedog Posts: 34, Reputation: 4

Apr 11, 2007, 05:19 AM
    Hey again... checked a couple while at shops, the only one I could see that I have used was a L'oreal colour: Flash beige brown P10. But note its not as easy as you think to dye your own! Have (someone) help if you can. This is NOT a dramatic d.i.y, but when you lighten it is safest to go to the salon. Some things shouldn't be attempted at home. This particular colour is not one that will make dark hair orange/yellow in a vein attempt to lighten (as long as you follow the instructions:)) as it does not have vast amounts of peroxide/bleaching agent in it. At best it should leave you with medium brown hair. It gently lightens, that's all. Check the side for "supposed" result. As I mentioned before ask (s'one who know what there talking about) from where you buy for extra advice (eg price attack not woolworths!! )
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Apr 11, 2007, 10:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by k5lvin
    hello, im new here. and i have read a lot of hair dyein questions. but most of them dont suit me because it wasnt their FIRST time dyein their hair.

Question: What product can you recommend me to dye my hair from black to light brown WITHOUT bleach or anything. just to use the dye. because bleach will kill my hair. and im doing this myself at home so yeah.

Note: First time dyein it. No bleach. i am male if it makes any difference. i live in australia therefore can only buy certain products such as Loreal and Clairol.

Thanx in advance.

P.S i noticed their was numbers on each shade of blonde so can you please help me by quotin a specific number or somethin. thx.
    The best thing to get the hair color out would be a hair color removal kit. I think they're called 'Oops!'
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 11, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Black hair has a lot of red pigments in it and if you use permanent color on your hair, it will result in a red/orange shade. If you want to go from black to light brown, you will need to lighten your hair with bleach and then apply the desired color. I recommend that you get your hair professionally done. The hairstylist may give you a decent light brown shade, minus the unwanted red tones.

Apr 11, 2007, 09:54 PM
    yes my hair is "virgin". And like I "cant't" go to salon because ma parents dun want to waste the money because it is like 3x the money u do it by ursself. So yeah.. and I got a friend helping me and his done it several times so yeah. All I need is the right color tube or the right product that u can recommend me so I can look for it EXACTLY at price attack. Thanks.

by the way almighty. Is there a specific name for that "light brown color 9% developer 1:1 ratio" :S
    otherwise I'll just look for those specs when I go buy it in a few days

Apr 13, 2007, 07:48 AM
    Hey! I got my peroxide and colour at price attack today. I'm just wondering if I can use the bottles again after I've missed it in a separate container?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

From black to brown hair again [ 3 Answers ]

Which is more effective, Colorfix or Color Zap and which is more gentle to the hair? Thanks, Maureen :confused:

Black to Light brown hair [ 3 Answers ]

Okay so here is my problem. I have a natural, very dark brown hair color. Black if you will. I am aiming for a light brown color. Like around the same color as L'oreal Feria's Downtown Brown or Brownstone. And, I am wondering if it is possible to dye my hair from black to that specific shade of...

Changing black hair to light brown pweazeeee! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I need serious help. A while ago I tried changing my hair from black to blonde and did about 7 processes.. Still didn't get the color I wanted so I went to the hair salon and let them fix it so they put bleach and left me under the dryer for a long time... When I came out they washed my hair...

Dying black hair back to light brown [ 1 Answers ]

Please can you help me, I have dyed my hair black and would very much like to go back to a light brown I have been to a hairdresser who says I have to have it stripped then re coloured but I would need at least an incj of roots which I would rather not do as I would look stupid. Is there any...

How do I dye my jet black hair to a light brown color? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I dyed my hair dark brown but obviously it came out in this unnatural gothic black color. How do I color it back to something like ight or medium brown? Can I use semi permanent haircolor or something else? If so what color do you recommend I use? Thanks

View more questions Search