Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HOUSE WOMEN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2014, 12:18 PM
    Do I need to cap drain pipe?
    I just remover a tub, in a mobil home. I need to remove part of the drain pipe which is above the floor line. Also need to remove the air vent pipe to below the floor line. Then I'm going to fill the holes with ply wood, and tile the floor. Do I need to cap the drain line and vent line, or will taping it with duct tape work? Thanks
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 3, 2014, 12:46 PM
    Hi HW

Taping the vent won't work as all vents have condensation and rain water that gets trapped in them over time, so definitely need to cap the vent.

Also wouldn't suggest taping the drain pipe because if the other drains connected to the tub drain pipe back up tape won't hold the waste water back and sewage could spill over and into the home. Cap this line so you can rest assured that you will have no problems in the future, OK?

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I cap off a second drain when converting to single drain kitchen sink? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm converting kitchen sink from double to single drain. Set up beneath sink is a T system, with dishwasher draining on second pipe (before trap on main pipe). Can I simply cap off the second pipe and drain my sink into the main, keeping the dishwasher attachment where it is or do I need to...

Can I tie in a shower drain pipe into a washing machine drain pipe? [ 3 Answers ]

Can I tie in a shower drain pipe into a washing machine drain pipe? And does the shower need to have a trap?

How to install a gatorbite cap on 1/2 copper pipe [ 2 Answers ]

The package came with the white plastic piece, am I to use this with copper pipe? A picture of the process would be very helpful. Thanks...

Washing machine box drain pipe cap [ 1 Answers ]

We just moved into a new house, and the wall mounted washing machine "box", that contains the hot/cold water connection and a standpipe for the drain, currently has a plastic cap covering the drain pipe. The cap has a cylindrical protrusion, which looks like it might be used for turning the cap...

View more questions Search