Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    csigsrfan Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2014, 12:57 AM
    What can one do to easy the pain of an ear ache after one eats?
    For about two hours after I eat anything I have an earache. Please do not say go to doctor I have called TWICE and they did not seem to concerned about it and the doctor never called back. Cannot afford the er or another doctor. I know it is due to the drainage into my throat and the change of weather
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 3, 2014, 02:37 AM
    You can try over-the-counter meds like Sudafed to help dry up the drainage and Tylenol or Motrin for the pain.

Are you certain this is due to your ear or could it be dental related?

Nov 3, 2014, 03:47 PM
    It does not help. I have already tried that. It is inside my ear
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 3, 2014, 05:11 PM
    You have heard from a nurse, so only alternative is go to a doctor and have your ears blown.

Nov 3, 2014, 07:42 PM
    I donot need my ears blown
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 3, 2014, 11:43 PM
    How do you know, what you need, if you really do not know what is causing it.

1. you do not discuss it over the phone with doctors offfice, you call and set an appointment.
    2. of course they don't call you back, you are even lucky to talk to a nurse when you call in.

I am sorry, but you make an appoint and see the doctor.

Nov 4, 2014, 12:51 AM
    I tried they said doctor will call you back So I tried and I know what they will say It is drainage in the back of throat
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 4, 2014, 07:55 AM
    You may need a DENTIST. I have had some earaches over my 68 years that doctors were less than worthless about. Turned out to be infected molars.

Nov 4, 2014, 07:13 PM
    I have been to the dentist before with this issue and they said it was not my tooth and more then likely drainage or sinus stuff
    Expert

Nov 4, 2014, 07:34 PM
    I don't know what you expect from us. We can't examine you, we can't do tests. We are not doctors. I'm as close as you get, I'm a Registered Nurse, but I can't diagnose you. I gave you the best recommendation you will get.

Nov 4, 2014, 08:58 PM
    I have been diagnosed I am telling you that Please close topic
    Expert

Nov 4, 2014, 09:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by csigsrfan View Post
    I have been diagnosed I am telling you that Please close topic
    When were you diagnosed? Earlier today?

Nov 4, 2014, 09:11 PM
    No a couple years ago at this time of year. As I have said I GET IT EVERY YEAR SO I KNOW WHAT IT IS PLEASE CLOSE TOPIC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I developed an ear ache at about 3pm today. It shoots pain through my ear. [ 4 Answers ]

The pain shoots through my ear and down my neck and into my shoulder. Is this something to worry about or just take 2 asprin and call the doctor if it does not go away?

Ear ache [ 0 Answers ]

I have an ear ache in my right ear that shoots a sharp pain into my neck and down to my shoulder area. Any idea how to treat this?

Do I have a ear ache/infection? [ 0 Answers ]

My throat hurts on one side and it hurts below my ear on the other, I also feel a bit fuzzy and dizzy and a bit tired. Can it be an ear infection? Thanks for your help

I have ear ache in one ear and am a bit deaf in this ear [ 2 Answers ]

Two days ago I awoke with a very painful ear ache. When I push my finger into the opening of my ear hard, I can feel a lump but this is actually in the ear passage and not a spot or pimple but feels like it is blocking the opening to my inner ear. It is sore and also the next morning I was and...

Hoarse throat and ear ache [ 4 Answers ]

I am 43 year old smoker(since I was 13) and for the past 8-9 months I have had a hoarse throat with a feeling of something in it and a painful ear ache. I have had my thyroid checked and they say it is fine. My voice keeps going in and out and scratchy as well. I know that this isn't just a cold or...

View more questions Search