Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jcoxgeol Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2014, 12:52 PM
    Need to identify silverplate service plate (charger)
    +/- 10" silverplate charger (?) with scalloped, rope edge details. Mark has an initial, a crown, and a Gothic S. Thanks.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 28, 2014, 12:59 PM
    Any chance of a picture ?
    Jcoxgeol Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2014, 01:14 PM
    Can't find manage attachment button to upload photos.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 28, 2014, 02:36 PM
    You seem confused on what a plate charger is. It is part of a permanent place setting, and all dishes served rest on the charger. The charger is removed at the end of the meal. The desert is not served on it.

Charger are not used any longer, because obviously, no one knows how to use them and they are an additional cleanup for a personn who does not have servants.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use1300ma charger instead of a 500ma charger [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Jump starter for my car which get charged when required with it AC adaptor output on charger is 12v dc 500ma 8watt, problem is this charger is faulty (no output) was going to buy a replacement charger with interchangeable jack ends it has an output of 12v dc and up to 1300ma, is this...

Silverplate Markings [ 3 Answers ]

I have a nearly complete service for six of Rogers silverplate. The marking on the back is IS. Can y ou help me find the year of manufacture and approximate value? Thanks

How can I identify old car by year, color, plate with numbers [ 7 Answers ]

There is an old junker in a field. It is pieces only there is the front end with big chrome headlights, few other big pieces. There is only a plate on it with the year and other numbers that don't say specifically say model etc. The most significant number on the plate other than the year with is...

Identify a silver plate [ 1 Answers ]

I have come across a small silver plate, (serving dish) it is about 8 inches wide and 12 to 14 inches long. It has a matching cover with a removable handel. The handle twist off and locks on like an old style radiator cap, with two tabs that lock under matching tabs in the dish top with a quarter...

View more questions Search