Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lavant04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2013, 12:41 PM
    Silverplate Markings
    I have a nearly complete service for six of Rogers silverplate. The marking on the back is IS. Can y ou help me find the year of manufacture and approximate value? Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2013, 01:16 PM
    Info you gave is pretty thin, Silverplate of any vintage is relatively worthless, you can't sell for the Silver and it will slowly wear off and the brass will show through. Most plate is sentimental value. Check E Bay, there is a 16 place setting of Rogers IS (International Silverplate) for a BO or $32 so you might be looking at $10 unless it is a very rare and collectible style
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 13, 2013, 01:17 PM
    This should be under another category such as Collectibles.
    (IS stands for International Silver, the company that owns the brand.)
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Mar 13, 2013, 04:24 PM
    Just my 2 cents... I took 50 lbs of silver plate to a silver dealer that I have dealt with for quite a while. He gave me $40 and tossed it into a recycling bin. Said it would cost more to try and recover the silver than what it was worth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do these markings mean? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a white metal teapot? From around 1890's-1920's with these markings on the bottom: AJB 49 MEP The down stroke of the 4 has a wedge as does the crossbar of the 4. The 9 has a curved bottom as seen in this "9". Any help you can give me would be appreciated. Thank you, Vivienne Shay

Jewelry markings [ 1 Answers ]

Got 2 bracelets one with intials LM and other one with the name charles johnsan or johnson are these native american silversmiths ? Thank you

View more questions Search