Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheriyanfamily Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Dryer Beeps
    Hello
    I have a problem with a Kenmore Elite dryer (electric). While drying, it started beeping with continuous beeps and refused to stop. It can't be reset. I pulled out the power cable . Left it alone for a few hours . No change. Any suggestions ?
    RalphS Posts: 120, Reputation: 12

Apr 7, 2007, 08:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cheriyanfamily
    Hello
    I have a problem with a Kenmore Elite dryer (electric). While drying, it started beeping with continous beeps and refused to stop. It can't be reset. I pulled out the power cable . Left it alone for a few hours . No change. Any suggestions ?
    Does this dryer have an electronic control panel instead of a mechanical timer? I suspect it does, not having a model number to go by.
    I am guessing here, it may have something to do with a warning signal that there is too much lint build-up or something like that, or it's just a defective EC board.
    Like I said, I am only guessing here! Sorry!

Apr 8, 2007, 05:50 AM
    Thanks for the reply. This has a electronic panel. I vaccumed away a lot of junk from the lint screen area . I tried switching drying mode to "Air Dry" and got an error code PF. The beeping stops when the dryer runs from 19mins to 9mins. However when I try switching to a new setting, its back at 19mins and starts beeping again. I noticed the aluminium vent at the back is very, very hot. (although the setting was only at medium heat).

Apr 8, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Just to find out if it could be the long vent, move the dryer away from the wall, disconnect the vent from the back of the dryer and run a load to see if the "beep" is gone. This is only a test and NOT a fix, but at least you'll find out if the long vent is the problem.
    Dryer temps on the regular heat cycle will normally run above 155 degrees and I've seen some temps go higher than 180 degrees. But normally you can expect the exhaust temp at the back of the dryer to be in the neighborhood of between 150 and 170 degrees depending on the brand. Even at 150, most people can cot keep their hand at the exhaust exit.

Good luck!

Apr 10, 2007, 05:15 PM
    I have disconnected the long vent. The setting is frozen at 19mins . No amount of keypad entry will change that. It will run for 10 minutes . At the time it reaches completion of 10th minutes , it will shutdown. This will happen regardless if the vent at the back is disconnected or not.

Apr 10, 2007, 10:13 PM
    Probably in the EC board. If you haven't done so, open the headboard panel and there should be a diagram and troubleshooting pamphlet for you to look at. If you can't figure it out you'll need to get an experienced repairman.
    Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite HE3 Beeps 3 times won't start [ 2 Answers ]

Hello My Kenmore HE3 ELectric dryer model 110 82832 100 just stopped working. There is power and when I press a mode button the digital display shows the minutes, etc. When I press the start buttin it just beeps 3 times. Anyone with the same problem? Thanks

No Signal from monitor and two beeps [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to build a PC for Digital Audio Recording. These are the components I'm using: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz E6600 ASUS P5W DH Deluxe Antec P180 case CORSAIR DDR@ 800 Mhz 2X512 RAM Antec True Power 2.0 480 ATX power supply ATI Sapphire Radeon 550x video Card Zalman CNPS9500 LED...

Computer beeps when turn... [ 3 Answers ]

Hello every body, how are you guys doing. I am new here, so please forgive and forget my mistakes. My question is that, when I boot up my PC, it beeps couple of times and shows nothing on monitor, infect monitor goes off after 2-3 seconds, I can hear the voice from the tower that it's running,...

My computer doesn't start. It gives me 3 beeps. [ 2 Answers ]

When I switch on my computer, its starts but my monitor stays black and muy computer gives me 3 beeps and stays on but inactive. I don't know if the problem is the computer or the monitor (The monitor is on but with the orange light instead of the green light). Someone help me please? :(

View more questions Search