Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dignan20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 03:49 PM
    No Signal from monitor and two beeps
    I'm trying to build a PC for Digital Audio Recording. These are the components I'm using:
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz E6600
    ASUS P5W DH Deluxe
    Antec P180 case
    CORSAIR DDR@ 800 Mhz 2X512 RAM
    Antec True Power 2.0 480 ATX power supply
    ATI Sapphire Radeon 550x video Card
    Zalman CNPS9500 LED Heatsink
    Seagate 7200 RPM 80 GB SATA
    Seagate 7200 RPM 200 BG SATA
    ADS PYRO API-311 Firewire card

I assembled everything yesterday, and when I cut the power on all of the fans work, the heatsink fan worked, and LED on the motherboard came on. However, The front LED on the Case turned on then went out(this may be a case thing, and not a big deal), there were two beeps, and my monitor says "no signal." I've tried swapping out the memory into different spots, I've checked all of the connections over and over again, and still the result is the same. I suspect that it is either the RAM, VIdeo Card, or a bad MOBO. I've yet to try messing with the CMOS. Is that a possibility?

Thanks in advance.
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Jan 4, 2007, 04:40 PM
    I would certainly start with the RAM, and first of all verify that you what you have is compatible with your board. Then try changing it out or removing one at a time if possible. The majority of problems that I have seen at this stage are RAM related.

Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor = no signal need help [ 13 Answers ]

Prepare for a possibly long detailed description of my problem. OK first off... it seems there's lots of people with this problem but not many solutions (I haven't found anyone that's said "thanks it works now")... I even googled stuff like "no signal from monitor" (which is how I found this...

Monitor no signal [ 11 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a graphics card that doesn't work for my PC,as in there are no beebs,and the monitor stays blank when I turn it on with an amber light, I have a ic7-g motherboard and the graphics card ati radeon 9800 pro doesn't work for my mobo and I dunt know why(it should work,other people...

No Signal to the Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

Our computer decided to take a breakdown, and there is no signal to the monitor we tried another monitor and still nothing the computer lights up the cd drive light flickers, the mother board light is on and the fan works, however when we swapped swapped the hard drive into another computer that...

No Monitor Signal [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I recently tried to install a Radeon 9550 256mb AGP, on a compaq. Being the idiot I am I did not uninstall the on-board video first, I inserted the videocard and now I get no signal to the monitor, I have tried removing the Radeon and using the onboard video again, but still no picture. All...

No signal to monitor [ 8 Answers ]

OK like a week ago I unhooked my computer then just awhile ago I rehooked it back up and like the computer starts up and everything its just there is no signal to my moniter and the cd rom drive doesn't open or close and I also can't power the computer down by the power button ihave to turn it off...

View more questions Search