Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frunyan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2014, 09:29 PM
    Suing Sears
    I have had an issue with Sears. They delivered a dishwasher to my house and hit my truck. It has been over 2 months of talking to everyone and nothing is being done. I have a claim number but that means nothing to anyone. They don't want to pay the 1200 to 1300 that it will take to fix it they offered my $150 dollars and that is it. My next step is I am probably going to be calling the police because it will be considered hit and run. They don't want to tell me who their insurance company is. I am then going to have to figure out who and how I take them to small claims for the damage. Sears is such a rip off. I used to buy all my appliances from them now I am afraid to.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 16, 2014, 12:32 AM
    You file a claim, check out, often with the Sec of state office, where you file legal service on them, in your state.

You go to the court house and file the suit.

Be sure, you have documented every phone call, and every visit.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 16, 2014, 04:30 AM
    If it was Hit and Run how do you know it was the Sears Delivery? Why did you not call the police immediately? I doubt if you can get them involved now.

File a claim with your insurer, they can then sue Sears and find out who their carrier is (don't be surprised if they are self insured, I had that happen with Verizon). At least you can get your vehicle repaired.

P,S, Its not a good idea to piggyback your question on another thread. To avoid confusion your question has been moved to its own thread.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Executor is suing me ! [ 1 Answers ]

My sister was named Executor of my father's Will. She is suing me for mishandling his social security payments and requesting that I give full account of all money I received on behalf of my father. His SS payments used to go directly to my bank account. I never kept records because I did not see...

Is there anything they can do in regards to suing us? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently sold a vehicle while we were in one state and the vehicle was in another. They signed a bill of sale and gave us the money before seeing the vehicle and checking it out. After everything was done I had the original bill of sale and the buyer didn't received a notarized copy of the bill...

Suing Coworker [ 6 Answers ]

There are two support staff in our office to answer phones. We divide the time in half. One answers the phone in the morning and the other answers the phone in the afternoon. The other day, the person who usually answers the phone in the afternoon answered the phone in the a.m. because I was...

Suing a Contractor [ 6 Answers ]

I am in a dispute with a contractor regarding a new construction. The issues that I have are as follows: The block work in the basement is wet, the block work around the electric panel is wet, the brickwork on the house is poor (I had 2 union bricklayers inspect the brickwork and the lowest repair...

View more questions Search