Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kerilynnecas14 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2014, 07:13 PM
    Could I be 21 weeks pregnant and be having periods?
    I have been thinking I'm pregnant of and on, I havent't been sure because of my periods keep coming each month though I notice my stomach has filling out and I mean not from weight gain. Also I have been having symptoms like runny nose, back pain,head aches,shortness of breath, change in body odor. Also iv'e been salvating more and noticed all my veins have bulged through out my body and turned blue, though this happened right before my period though it has never happened before. At night my stomach feels full and heavy when I lay down, boobs are tender and my nipple itself has darkened and around my nipple looks as if it's bruised with a yellowish tint, I also have noticed bumps around my nipple. Please help I feel my symptoms have confirmed pregnancy until my period came and now I'm confused... thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 22, 2014, 07:14 PM
    The only confirmation of pregnancy is an ultrasound. The first symptom of pregnancy is a missed period.

Have you taken a pregnancy test?

Jul 22, 2014, 07:19 PM
    No I have not, I can't afford it at the moment, I'm only 17 though I have read many articles online that woman can still have periods while being pregnant and it isn't uncommon
    Expert

Jul 22, 2014, 07:21 PM
    You can have bleeding during pregnancy, but not an actual period. A "period" is the shedding of the uterine lining when an egg is not fertilized.

Pregnancy cannot be diagnosed by symptoms. A pregnancy test is fairly inexpensive. Many dollar stores carry them.

Jul 22, 2014, 07:26 PM
    Well what is the cause of bleeding during pregnancy and I guess I'll see what I can do
    Expert

Jul 22, 2014, 07:31 PM
    Bleeding during pregnancy can be caused by a low lying placenta, for one. This can be dangerous.

Also, prenatal care is a necessity during pregnancy.

If you think you are pregnant you need to see a doctor.

Jul 22, 2014, 07:43 PM
    All right I will try and make an appointment I just am having all these symptoms and just confused, thanks for helping and I'll try and make it in to the docs as soon as I can
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2014, 07:45 PM
    Home pregnancy tests only cost a couple dollars at most, you can afford that, until a doctor can confirm it. If you are 21 weeks pregnant it should tell you, also listen to J_9's advice, and take it all seriously. Nobody on this site (and most others) knows this stuff better than she does.

Jul 22, 2014, 07:50 PM
    I will definitely, I'm glad I asked you guys for help so thanks
    Expert

Jul 22, 2014, 07:52 PM
    Typically women do not bleed during pregnancy. As said, the first symptom of pregnancy is a missed period.

If you are having regular periods, around the time you usually do, and they are of normal flow, chances are slim that you are pregnant. Your symptoms are indicative of several things aside from pregnancy. Hormonal imbalance, allergies, just to name two.

It is imperative that you seek medical attention to see whether you are pregnant. At your age there are many health issues that can happen during pregnancy that can have a life-long effect not just for you, but for baby as well.

Jul 22, 2014, 07:59 PM
    Well I'll definitely schedule an appointment with my family doctor and ask for a blood test to see. If I have any more questions after this I'll be sure to ask here again
    Expert

Jul 22, 2014, 08:01 PM
    Please keep us posted. I wish the best for you!

Jul 22, 2014, 08:02 PM
    Thank you :)
    Expert

Jul 22, 2014, 08:02 PM
    You are very welcome!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got my periods, but next periods are late by 2 weeks. Am I pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 21 year old female. I had sex 3 days before my periods. And then I had an emergency pill that very night. I also got my periods after 3 days. However, my next period is delayed by 2 weeks now. I am really worried, what are the chances that I'm pregnant? Thanks

Periods last 2 weeks? [ 0 Answers ]

Period last two weeks

Could I be pregnant my periods are 2 weeks late x [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there could someone please give me some advice my periods are 2 weeks late im always regular never late never ive took 10 pregnancy tests and they were all negative what's going on ive been to the doctors and they have told me if i was pregnant it would have shown up by now but i have high blood...

3 periods in 6 weeks [ 1 Answers ]

The past 6 weeks I have had 3 periods. The first 2 were very light then this last one was a little heavier. All three periods have had a brown discharge with some odor. I am sexually active, but not on birth control. We do use condoms. What is wrong with me?

View more questions Search