Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    haply90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2014, 09:40 AM
    High protein supplement safe in pregnancy
    I am 30 yrs old,currently in my 2nd trimester(21 weeks)approx of pregnancy.
    I have been gaining weight healthily,but my BP has been a cause of concern.My current BP reading is 90/70.

I have been prescribed Xplode from Emcure Pharmaceuticals,as a high protein supplement.But I wanted to know if it's safe to have it now(I read on the internet its got Pregnancy D category constituents).

Kindly resolve my query.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 22, 2014, 09:48 AM
    This is a question better asked of your doctor.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2014, 01:46 PM
    Your blood pressure is not unusually low, especially in pregnancy. What range has it usually been when you have checked it? Are you feeling symptoms of low blood pressure?

Is there a particular reason for you to be taking Xplode? If you are just wanting to be sure that you are having adequate nutrition, including protein, you don't really need a high protein supplement. You could eat a wide variety of healthy foods and just be sure to include protein rich foods. Increasing protein in pregnancy is beneficial, however, too much is not, and it isn't usually difficult to get the recommended amount.

As tickle said, your doctor would know that you are pregnant, and since they would have prescribed or recommended it, what did he or she say?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Protein Supplement-Natural [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for a protein supplement that's not soy or whey (cow's milk) based, just protein without all the artificial & chemical additives. Any ideas?

Glucosamine supplement safe while pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Can you take the Glucosamine Chodrimatin Supplement while pregnant? I have a bad knee so always took it before, but don't want to harm the baby.

Very High Protein Level In Urine [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am 29 (30 in may) years old and diabetic, have high blood pressure, high cholesterol I have had such conditions since I was 15. I lived up in NY for a while and my HbA1c Levels were normal for quite sometime so my dr took me off ALL medications dealing with diabetes. I recently moved to...

Foods High In Protein [ 2 Answers ]

My protein is abnormal I donate plasma I waited for a month went back to get my protein checked again it was abnormal again I ate every thing high in protein for that whole month does anyone have any sugestions on how to bost my protein cause I would like to donate again.:)

View more questions Search